Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide whether I want to get an 05 front bumper or the Rhonda front bumper(Such as Fixer has) What do you guys think? Where can I order them/how much?

Besides the looks I need....
-A bumper that I can use year round(in snow etc.)
-I will be lowering my car in the Spring and I dont want the bumper dragging.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
well first of all you cant get the gt bumper since its a widebody, so you need the fenders etc.. but you can get the rhonda which is almost identical.

second- the rhonda isnt much lower then stock so you wouldnt be dragging, but it is fiberglass, so in the snow it WILL get messed up

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Zefiro's "Ronda" front bumper is identical to thier "GT" front bumper except that it's not a widebody and that it does have foglight mounting holes. Fixer has the "GT" (widebody), but that must be purchased as a complete kit because all of it's parts are made to connect into one another.

As for the "Ronda" kit, it is only about an inch lower than your OEM bumper, so it's certainly not going to cause any problems with being too low. Since it's made with a high-impact fiberglass material, driving in the snow really isn't an issue either. As long as you're not whipping through snowbanks or driving directly behind a sander on the highway, a quality fiberglass bumper can be quite resilient during these northeast winters. In fact, I've got a few customers up in Canada with the "Ronda" bodykit/front bumper and they've all had nothing but praises for the longevity of this particular product.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
So you mean that having a Ronda on a lowered Tiburon will not cause any problem ? Just curious...

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
SpeedCheeser said:
It's gonna depend more on your driving habits.
Some roads are unavoidable..if you look at the bottom of my Rhonda with Tein drop, you see 5 nice scrapes..about 2 inches long each

·
Registered
53 Posts
In your case you should go with the 05 bumper. It will made the stock body better. You may have some issues with weather due to the lower stance of the Zef bumper. Cheaper as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
GeneralPatton said:
Some roads are unavoidable..if you look at the bottom of my Rhonda with Tein drop, you see 5 nice scrapes..about 2 inches long each

That sucks..... Are there any possibilities to avoid this ?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I have the Rhonda kit...

I wouldn't suggest going the fiberglass route and drive it in the winter unless you can afford to fix it from time to time. Going the 05 bumper would be my choice if I wanted to lower, drive in the winter and wanted to not worry about ruining the bumper.

I have herd people putting 200mph black duct tape under the front bumper. If it scrapes it will give it something to slip on and there are several others out there such as the garage door vapor barrier.

I would say; lower it first... see how the driving in your area is and then do the 05 bumper. I have to go in driveways one wheel at a time as slow as possible... I ALWAYS have problems with scraping and I'm not lowered...

Something to think about!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts