Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a tib off a guy he said sometimes it stalls at the lights other than that it's great well got it home and after sorting out some issues with intake manifold (he had left some bolts out) it now idled great took it for a drive and going down the road just steady and loss of power the more you push the pedal down the worse it got or sometimes surge alot take your foot off the gas for a few seconds then apply it again and it would be back I had noticed that the fuel pump was quite noisy so I replaced it and the filter took it for another drive and the same thing happened doesnt matter whether your flawing it or babying it just happens quite intermittently so I changed the maf still the same thing changed the injectors still the same thing changed intake air temp sensor and throttle body sensor still the same thing but getting more frequent now when idling doesnt smell rich or lean just normal have a code reader but it wont throw any codes it's hard to pinpoint because it very rarely does it at idle and if it does it's very short term I've wiggled all wiring going to to all sensors (up down left and right) and also hit them with a heat gun and multimeter because it seams its onley when its warmed up (but then again I onley drive it once it's at running temp so it might do it before that I wouldnt know) I haven't checked o2 sensors or fuel pressure regulator can anybody help because I've thrown too much cash at it I'd rather be upgrading it then troubleshooting with expensive parts and on the very rare occasion I'll go to start it and it will just crank but turn ignition off then back on and it will run has happened two times in about two months

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
296 Posts
What do your LTFTs look like on the code reader live data? Did you reset the ECM after sorting out the previous issues replacing the sensors and injectors? Did you replace your injectors with the OEM green 190cc injectors or did you use something else? Give us a part number on the injectors you used if they aren't the OEM ones. Did you use OEM genuine Hyundai sensors when you replaced the TPS, IAT and MAF sensors? Check that your O2 sensors are NTK brand and are 1V narrowband rather than the earlier 5V variant. Even a reputable O2 brand like Bosch won't work on our cars. Our ECMs are very finicky about the brand of sensors you can use regardless what the parts jockey at Oreillys or NAPA tries to tell you. Off the shelf parts store sensors often cause more problems than they solve due to poor quality control. Genuine Hyundai sensors should always be used.

Irregular starting or runability based on engine temp can sometimes be caused by a flaky crank angle sensor. If you have headers they often melt the wiring or connector to the crank angle sensor. Doesn't always trigger a CEL in the scenario where it's an intermittent problem.

Reactions: Cargoplease

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replaced aftermaket injectors I bought with OEM green 190cc like you said and reset ecu and my tib is amazing no more problems thankyou so much for the help chase your a legend mate 😎😎😎 can't thank you enough

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do your LTFTs look like on the code reader live data? Did you reset the ECM after sorting out the previous issues replacing the sensors and injectors? Did you replace your injectors with the OEM green 190cc injectors or did you use something else? Give us a part number on the injectors you used if they aren't the OEM ones. Did you use OEM genuine Hyundai sensors when you replaced the TPS, IAT and MAF sensors? Check that your O2 sensors are NTK brand and are 1V narrowband rather than the earlier 5V variant. Even a reputable O2 brand like Bosch won't work on our cars. Our ECMs are very finicky about the brand of sensors you can use regardless what the parts jockey at Oreillys or NAPA tries to tell you. Off the shelf parts store sensors often cause more problems than they solve due to poor quality control. Genuine Hyundai sensors should always be used.

Irregular starting or runability based on engine temp can sometimes be caused by a flaky crank angle sensor. If you have headers they often melt the wiring or connector to the crank angle sensor. Doesn't always trigger a CEL in the scenario where it's an intermittent problem.
Replaced aftermarket injectors I bought with the OEM green 190cc and reset the ecu and no more problems thanks chase your a legend mate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts