Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently replaced the plugs and wires on my 06 GT. I'm missing the three 12 mm bolts at the back of the plenum and I would like help identifying them so I can requisition replacements. I've looked at diagrams to find any kind of part number but those are not at all easy interpret.

Two of the three bolts are apparently difficult to get to so I assume whoever tuned up the car last got lazy and didn't put them back in. Also, how big of a problem is it that this car has been without them for probably a good amount of time.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've recently replaced the plugs and wires on my 06 GT. I'm missing the three 12 mm bolts at the back of the plenum and I would like help identifying them so I can requisition replacements. I've looked at diagrams to find any kind of part number but those are not at all easy interpret.

Two of the three bolts are apparently difficult to get to so I assume whoever tuned up the car last got lazy and didn't put them back in. Also, how big of a problem is it that this car has been without them for probably a good amount of time.

Much appreciated.
Tbh it doesn't even need it I completely removed the rear bracket a long time ago no issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That could be however the way I think about it is if Hyundai is going to build hundreds of thousands of Tiburons that the bolts are there for a good reason.

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
That could be however the way I think about it is if Hyundai is going to build hundreds of thousands of Tiburons that the bolts are there for a good reason.
I have no clue on bolts......

I use JomEllisHyundai.com (online dealer), look at year/model/engine, find section, study parts....best I can say now.....

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
Tbh it doesn't even need it I completely removed the rear bracket a long time ago no issues
While it "may work", I and others may want correct hardware in there. Then again, lack of some hardware plus other issues may create other issues, whether now or soon..... just giving a direction to OP...

·
Registered
247 Posts
While it "may work", I and others may want correct hardware in there. Then again, lack of some hardware plus other issues may create other issues, whether now or soon..... just giving a direction to OP...
I can fully understand i was just saying, but he may be able to get the bolts at a Hyundai dealership in the parts department

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll check out that website for sure also call around to a few dealers. I've been trying to do all the maintenance on the vehicle myself and this site has been invaluable. I'll post back if I find them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The bracket is there to support the weight of the plenum so the longer bolts in the front aren't stressed. If I'm not mistaken the OEM bolts are a M8 thread somewhere around 5/8 to 3/4" long. Part number 123308206K if you go to a dealer. I think there are two on the bottom and three on top of the bracket. I would just go buy regular zinc/steel M8 hex bolts from a hardware store instead of paying way more for OEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts