1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
NT's Best Photochop Artist 2010
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think it would be possible
to swap out the fenders from my 06 tiburon
with the 2007 model and install the 2007 headlights as
well? I love the look of the long swept back headlights.
Would the rear bumper be possible as well?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
please search... this has come up a lot. possible, but not worth it. Too much work. you need much more than just bumper fenders lights...

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
please search... this has come up a lot. possible, but not worth it. Too much work. you need much more than just bumper fenders lights...
So would you just recommend trading it in?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Do you guys think it would be possible
to swap out the fenders from my 06 tiburon
with the 2007 model and install the 2007 headlights as
well? I love the look of the long swept back headlights.
Would the rear bumper be possible as well?
Thanks!
the front end is a hard conversion. doable, but very expensive. the back however, is a little easier. someone on here has done it and it looks good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
why would you want the 07 facelift the 05 facelift is 10x nicer and if you put a lip and paint the middle of the bumper going down to the ground black it looks legit

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
why would you want the 07 facelift the 05 facelift is 10x nicer and if you put a lip and paint the middle of the bumper going down to the ground black it looks legit
that is your opinion. so you should do it. He clearly likes the 07 better, which is his opinion which is why he asked.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The 2005 -> 2007 front end conversion costs about 2500$ w/o painting.

IF YOU HAD SEARCHED YOUD SEE MY LIST IN ANOTHER THREAD WITH LINKS TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
the front end is a hard conversion. doable, but very expensive. the back however, is a little easier. someone on here has done it and it looks good.
So is the back just a simple swap? I'm really specifically interested in the headlights.. possibly I could custom fabricate something to fit the 2007 headlights into the 2005 body but I've invested way to much in the mechanical sense to trade the car in and decided I might as well make it aesthetically pleasing as well.

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2005 -> 2007 front end conversion costs about 2500$ w/o painting.

IF YOU HAD SEARCHED YOUD SEE MY LIST IN ANOTHER THREAD WITH LINKS TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED
Yeah Yeah sorry sorry, I just wasn't looking up in terms of revision code (i.e fl, fl/2)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Its ok; just search next time k?

I'm gonna do this conversion when i have the money. People say it'd be cheaper to trade in and get a new car; well im only paying 4500$ for my car... and the conversion costs like 2500$ so i'd rather do the conversion and repaint it how i want and make it mine.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yea i wanted to kno if you could put an 05 bumper on an 04

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
If you have the money I would say do it. I haven't seen pictures of it done yet so yours would be pretty unique.
Oh If I can fabricate the headlights into body I think it would look great,
I really did like the headlights on the fl/2 but not the bumper, that old style billet bumper (I think that's what you call it) is awful. the Fl with the fl/2 headlights would look great. I'm going to try to photoshop it now, get an Idea of what it will look like.

Anyone want to find me a good link for a set of 07 headlights?

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Even if it was a slopyy photoshop job
you guys gotta admit that looks really awesome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts