Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been drooling over the 07 model's interior for a while now. I not only dislike the red in my 06 Tib, but blue happens to be my favorite color. Put that on a more modern-looking console and it drives me even more insane over the new interior lol. I've noticed that the changes are very minor and wondered if anyone here knows if the instrument cluster will be a direct replacement for the 06 gauges. The same question for the window switches and center console. My digital climate control looks different than 07 models, so does my Infinity system despite both being double DIN 440W, so I assume I'll have to buy them all together, but would they fit the original wirings on the 06 without excessive modifications?

If anyone could give me an idea it would be greatly appreciated (as with all the previous help I've gotten here on NT) and probably give me a head start on my next project lol.

I don't know, maybe I'll beg my service dude to order some parts for the wrong year for me lol.

Thanks again guys.

Mike

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I've been drooling over the 07 model's interior for a while now. I not only dislike the red in my 06 Tib, but blue happens to be my favorite color. Put that on a more modern-looking console and it drives me even more insane over the new interior lol. I've noticed that the changes are very minor and wondered if anyone here knows if the instrument cluster will be a direct replacement for the 06 gauges. The same question for the window switches and center console. My digital climate control looks different than 07 models, so does my Infinity system despite both being double DIN 440W, so I assume I'll have to buy them all together, but would they fit the original wirings on the 06 without excessive modifications?

If anyone could give me an idea it would be greatly appreciated (as with all the previous help I've gotten here on NT) and probably give me a head start on my next project lol.

I don't know, maybe I'll beg my service dude to order some parts for the wrong year for me lol.

Thanks again guys.

Mike

I'm also very interested in this conversion...

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Im sure all kinds of people including myself are chomping at the bit to see if conversions will come easily!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
the instrument cluster looks like it will fit.. not sure bout the center dash though
I saw an 07 model (first model that arrived THAT same day) while getting my first oil change and the proportions for the center look exactly the same. This is what aroused my interest.

Also, I don't know if this is an 03/04 and 05/06 difference or if it's only 06 models, but I have gauges that don't match ANY of what I find on ebay or online. They only go up to 05 models, which kinda sucks for me. Mine does not have the TCS lights, does has separate cruise and set lights, and separate door and trunk ajar lights. The 07 model doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

I would rather order the pieces and try them on for size myself, but of course there is a "no return" policy lol.

Mike

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have 06 and the gauges seem the same lol
Really? I have minor differences in my gauges. My trunk open light is directly above my door open light. My car doesn't have the light with the car and key inside it (whatever that does lol). My cruise control has a "Cruise" light when it's on and a "Set" light next to it when I'm using it. The ones I've found seem to have it arranged differently and doesn't seem to have the "Set" light. I did a careful comparison when I saw that all the gauges only went up to 05 lol.

But yeah, anyways.. anyone here have any clue about the 07 pieces fitting into previous models? I'm really interested in hearing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

something like that, i dont know

..but anyways, back to the fitment question haha

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
9,528 Posts
I highly doubt that the clusters will fit. I mean, they will probably physically fit, but the connectors and pin locations may have changed. I would proceed very cautiously plugging stuff in (that is, if the connectors are even still the same) unless you're looking to blow a fuse...

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
i have the center facia with all the plugs and everything...i was hoping to sell it ...its literally in perfect condition ...ask PRtibby ...i think he posted it for sell
This thread is over 5 years old. Please don't bump threads over 30 days old per site rules.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.