Registered
514 Posts
Cvvt? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
PANAXRX said:
Cvvt? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It stands for Continuously Variable Valve Timing. Basically it Varies power, torque, exhaust system, and engine response .The 04-05 I4 has it but I have no clue about the 07. It comes on the Beta 2, so any TIb with the BEta 2 engine is going to have it

·
Registered
195 Posts
cvvt would only give you around 4 hp more

And it doesn't vary all those things.

It varies the timing of your engine valves so that they can stay open longer or close faster. This will make the engine perform slightly better in low rpm and higher rpm, because they it can adjust the timings for fuel mixturen (air and petrol)

A bit the same idea of the V-tec system of Toyota. Only the V-tec works with a second overhead cam to really adjust the valves.

In Europe the 2.0 i4 had Cvvt from around 2003 already

·
Registered
8 Posts
Isnt cvvt a much less sophisticated verdion of vvti and vtec? I believe all the engines are dual overhead cam, so doesnt this thing just make the cams work more precisely and aggressivley at high rpms? I really never understood this concept that well lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Viper® said:
In Europe the 2.0 i4 had Cvvt from around 2003 already
Thats right, I got my cvvt in february 2003 and the motor/cylinder head has 2002 markings stamped all over it.

"The CVVT unit is positioned on the exhaust camshaft and controls the intake valve timing by advancing and retarding the intake cam in relation to the exhaust cam. The CVVT system increases volumetric and thermodynamic efficiency, which helps the engine deliver improved performance at high rpm and increased torque at low rpm. With better cylinder charging, fuel economy is also increased. By optimizing valve overlap, NOx emissions are reduced due to the resulting Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) effect." - From HyundaiMotor.com

I´m curious if it´s possible to manipulate the cvvt system for more performance gains on NA basis?
Did this guy Airborne ever get to work on the cvvt performance aspect? He said that in Korea they had made some good hp gains with it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The 07 Tuscani is identical to 03+ Tuscani. The only thing that is changed is its appearance.

Therefore, obviously, 03+ i4 Tuscanis are CVVT, 07 i4 Tuscanis are CVVT.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Another beta2 related question. Is there any difference between the G4GC and G4GCX? And what motor code does the -07 i4 come with?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts