Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon Guys.
I recently purchased a 07' Hyundai Tiburon SE with no issues what so ever it has 140,000 miles and is pretty much clean overall and I figured since the car was running good I might just take it to the dealership for a full 90 point inspection to prevent any future issues.......When I took it to the Hyundai Service Center not only did they leave the car with a Check Engine Light on , but they also returned my car with a very slight leak that I am thinking its due to a screw not being on properly tightened. When I ran an ODB Reader at my local O'Reilly store they said the error code my car had was a P0171 (Bank 1 System to lean)..... I have had this car for a over 3 months and has not giving me any issues at all I even took it for a small Road Trip for a 7 Hour drive and back and even installed a A.E.M. Cold Air Intake prior to taking it to Hyundai and no Check Engine Light came on.

1.) I bought a CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner at O'reilly's and I cleaned my Mass Air Flow Sensor. (These sneaky bastards might had just removed and touched my sensor in order for it to give the Error code) After I did this I ran my car for a day and the light came off and has been off.

2) Please see below the Image from where my car is slightly leaking and can anyone please let me know if this looks off to you. I can see that it is not screwed in correctly and if so what line is this? Transmission? I think its running to the Radiator.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this post....any suggestions or comments?????

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
07 ECUs are more finicky when it comes to mods so chances are you check engine light will come back. That leaky line is for your auto transmission oil cooler. It may just need to be snugged down. Out of curiosity when was last time Timing belt was done? You should be on your 2nd by now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 ECUs are more finicky when it comes to mods so chances are you check engine light will come back. That leaky line is for your auto transmission oil cooler. It may just need to be snugged down. Out of curiosity when was last time Timing belt was done? You should be on your 2nd by now.
I just got finished tightening this baby and the issue seems to be resolved on the leaking. it wasn't tight enough and now it is no longer leaking. The timing belt I haven't replaced and its something I am looking to do soon. Should I invest in the part now? and is there any performance ones? since I've had it for a little over 3 months and truthfully do not know how often to replace them I think I should do Timing Belt, Driving Belt, Spark Plugs of course Fuel Services and Coolant Services as well. I've been doing nothing but 91 octanes and Mobil One Synthetic Oil with K&N Oil Filter the car is really smooth and has no sounds nor clicks nor shakes as funny as that may sound but I've heard some newer cars sounding worse than this 07' Sharky Purrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
If you have no idea when the timing belt was done then have it done ASAP. Your engines life depends on it. The standard gates timing belt kit is fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How can I Determine If the Current Timing Belt is any good?
I will send pictures of the engine in detail later on to see if you can assist me with it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have no idea when the timing belt was done then have it done ASAP. Your engines life depends on it. The standard gates timing belt kit is fine.
I was looking through My car and saw that the Owners Manual and some previous Maintenance Services that have been made to this car.

06/23/2010 Mileage: 42,518 1) Oil/ Filter Change 2.)Transmission Service 2 Part Kit 3.) Cooling System Flush 4.) Replace Air Filter 5.) Replace Cabin Filter 6.) Fuel Injection Flush 7.) Premium Crank Case Cleaning 8.) Rain X Wipers 9.)4 wheel alignment 10.) Check on Sunroof See attached Images
1575674734610.png

08/03/2010 Mileage: 44,639 Replaced the Rear Brake Pads/ Machine Rotors "Rear Break Job" (See attached Image)

01/11/11 Mileage: 51,092 Check Engine Light Due to Sensor Oil Change/Filter Multi Point Inspection (See Images)

The others are just Oil/Filter changes 107k 112k 116k

The Most resent expenses I had on it was a New Battery and 2 Mobil One Synthetic Oil Changes

·
Registered
91 Posts
The timing belt is hidden under that cover, your pictures only show the accessory belt. If your timing belt has never been replaced it needs to be done regardless of how it looks anyways. If the timing belt fails it destroys your engine, and odds are rebuilding won't be worth it.

As for the original p0171, it's probably there to stay with an aftermarket intake. I've got the same issue but its harmless as far as I'm aware. You can try relocating your IAT sensor like some have done but it didn't do anything for mine. At this point I've just accepted it. Aftermarket MAF fixed it but the car ran worse even after the ECU relearned, so I switched back to the OEM and just make a point of checking my codes once a week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to wait till next pay check =(
the entire set up is about $226.00 + Labor $120.00 but may be a little more since he quoted the timing belt. maybe $150.00
so I guess i got to take it easy for the next 2 weeks or till the beginnings of January =/ cant forget Christmas

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is just the labor and let it be know its a trusted Mechanic.
Just didn't know if he was over pricing me or not

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Any shop is a business and how businesses stay alive is by making profit. Most places around me would charge about 600-700 for the job not including parts. So as long you get some sort of warranty with the job those prices aren't bad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well my city is a border town community the mechanic i have is really reliable and i might just hand him $200 and tell him to take his time I believe in Good Deeds. By the way the city is El Paso TX this city is next to Mexico the mechanic is just wanting to make a living not profit off people.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's why i am going to hand him that little extra $$$$$ on the side..... i understand its time consuming

1 - 20 of 20 Posts