1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
been there, seen that. nice :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I wonder how many time and how much money they've spent to make that car....

·
Registered
647 Posts
for the power its putting down it is slow.. but then again they are running on street tires and on top of that its an auto.. and they only did 1 run.. it couldve done better but we wont know.. lol..

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I remembering getting to see this car in person back in early 2001. The guy that owned it, his dad or uncle owned a Hyundai dealership out in El Paso, TX (McIntyre Hyundai) and one of the salespeople introduced me to the tib owner. Pretty cool guy. Popped the hood, showed me the interior, and gave me some details on the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you take the time to read the article, he explains his whole reason for building the car. bascially, he would roll into street races, pop the hood so everyone can see his "primitive" turbo setup on his automatic tib and make people think he was an easy kill. of course, he never popped the hatch to show off engine #2. according to the article, he made crazy cash street racing the car before it became too well-known for him to sucker anyboby. then, he entered it in the USCC.

You have to respect his street racing con act to sucker people into racing. He also used street tires instead of racing to make the con that much easier.

http://videos.streetfire.net/comment/0/4273818b-cf9f-4963-9a2e-df223cefa020.htm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was bored. Wanted to see who truly had the fastest Tiburon. I believe APE finally cracked into the 10 second range, but it was years after this car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts