Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think its possible? Using any means neccesary think it could be done? It would have to be a drag car no doubt, but anyone think its possible to make 2000HP out of a 2.0L engine.

You would definantly have to use meth/alchol like the dragsters use I would think, and probably a good amount of PSI. Ideas/thoughts?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You will run into something called the law of diminishing returns.
you'll spend 10,000 to get 800 HP
then you'll have to spend 30,000 more to get 1,200 HP
then you will have to spend 100,000 more to get 1,500 HP
but hey,
Its a hobby rite?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nocturn said:
Think its possible? Using any means neccesary think it could be done? It would have to be a drag car no doubt, but anyone think its possible to make 2000HP out of a 2.0L engine.

You would definantly have to use meth/alchol like the dragsters use I would think, and probably a good amount of PSI. Ideas/thoughts?
only if you get it to run off plutonium...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sure, it's possible. Top fuel dragsters make about 7500 horsepower on 500ci. Which is just over 8L. That comes out to around 915HP/Liter. Of course, that engine is torn down and rebuilt between every single round. Oh, and about 750HP on those dragsters is used just to spin the turbo. And they eat about 23 gallons of fuel in a round. That fuel costs about $900 a barrel for 55 gallons.

The engine also costs about 60 grand.

Sure, you could do it. But wtf is the point?

·
Registered
551 Posts
There was a article in a past issue of super street i believe that had a 4000 hp acura rail car.And yes,it was a 4 cyl.I had the mag at home,may have to search for it if it didn't get thrown out when I moved.If I can remember it was dual charged,ran alchy,nitrous,had insane compression ratio of like 15-1 and tons more mods.Yes it is possible with the right amount of change

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
It's time to turn off your XBOX and to wake up, boi !

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol guys I'm not trying to get there, i'm just wondering if it would be possible at all, given money was no option, is there anyway it could be done? Just trying to provoke thought on the subject...what is the maximum HP/L attainable?

This isn't going to be used in a car or anything, its all hypothetical. What all do you think would be needed.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nocturn said:
lol guys I'm not trying to get there, i'm just wondering if it would be possible at all, given money was no option, is there anyway it could be done? Just trying to provoke thought on the subject...what is the maximum HP/L attainable?

This isn't going to be used in a car or anything, its all hypothetical. What all do you think would be needed.
ANYTHING can be done when money and time arent limitations

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
tex2678 said:
ANYTHING can be done when money and time arent limitations
:3_withstu Very true. :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
That's something different. It's a 8L 16Cylinders with 4 turbocharger. And if this really answered his question, it means that the Bugatti Veyron would perform 8000 horsepower.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JYL_SouthKorea said:
That's something different. It's a 8L 16Cylinders with 4 turbocharger. And if this really answered his question, it means that the Bugatti Veyron would perform 8000 horsepower.
Good to know some people can still read.

So that said, anyone know what kind of mods you would have to do? I've seen some 900HP evos, but thats only 1/2 there....so...thoughts?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Maybe 1 turbocharger per cylinder + a Big supercharger for the entire engine + N/A tuning (intake) + NOS + Computer Chip + minor changes (iridium spark plugs, wires, etc.)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Banned
312 Posts
I like that you think iridium spark plugs are necessary. You'd need to stick a frickin tesla coil in the cylinder to generate a spark with the kind of airpressure and fuel going on inside that cylinder.

Did you know that after about half track... Top fuel dragsters diesel their way down, as they've destroyed the spark plugs, they compress the air/fuel into a nearly solid state before combustion.

·
Registered
252 Posts
1000hp per liter is achieved with a turbocharged hyper drive stolen off of the millenium falcon.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JENGA said:
1000hp per liter is achieved with a turbocharged hyper drive stolen off of the millenium falcon.

Cleeever...... :3_plzdie:

It may only be achievable with a rotary since they are good HP/L engines..

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What about the monocast formula engines that were banned back in the day? Auto shop teacher said something bout that a long time ago. That was about 8 years ago so I'm probablly wrong about the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GDL said:
What about the monocast formula engines that were banned back in the day? Auto shop teacher said something bout that a long time ago. That was about 8 years ago so I'm probablly wrong about the whole thing.
Never heard of em? Linkage?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nocturn said:
It may only be achievable with a rotary since they are good HP/L engines..
No, they are indeed goot at HP/L, but the rotary engine may not be the good choice, cuz it already has a big pressure in each cylinder.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts