Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting either 17" or 18" wheels. I have stock springs and probably won't be changing them out anytime soon.

Which size would be better so far as looks wise? Also, would there be much of a difference in ride quality where the 17"s would be a 45 tire and the 18"s would be a 40?

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone????

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'm not too sure about any ride quality differences between the two tires. But I would definitely go with 18s, they fill the gap nicely and look better than 17s.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Unless you're getting new wheels anyway, save yourself a lot of money and go with the stock wheels and 25mm adapters. They fill out the wheel wells nicely and add two inches to the track, which makes a big difference in handling. Go with adapters, not spacers, as 25mm (one inch) is a bit much for spacers. You're looking at a couple hundred tops. I have pictures of mine, but I'm having trouble posting them. PM me and I will e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going with new wheels... right now I have 16" stock. My tires are shot so it's either 16" tires, or upgrade tires and wheels.

So I think I probably will get 18's... just wanted to make sure they aren't going to be noticeably suckier than 17's for any reason.

I've a silver tib and I am thinking about the Enkei EVO-6 in anthracite.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
That should look great. Be sure you get tires with a substantial rim protector, so you don't scuff your rims on curbs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dctibby said:
That should look great. Be sure you get tires with a substantial rim protector, so you don't scuff your rims on curbs.
Yeah I had some ADR Spades on my Saturn and made that mistake... it was a sad, sad day. Lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had 16" on my Tibby and I upgraded to 18". They are MSR Series 029 18x7.5. Stock suspension, no rub, no bottoming out. As for lowering I wouldn't because with 17s or 18s you will most likely get tire rub in front or the rear. They are 225/40/ZR18 with Nexxen N3000 Tires. The 40 or 45 is just the width of the sidewall. The less sidewall the rougher the ride. I have 40s and they are pretty smooth. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I just went from my 17" summer tires with a nice thick sidewall to my 16" winter's with a softer sidewall and i noticed a huge differance. Im also savagly lowered and nevery have any tire rub issues. that's cuz of my coilovers & swaybar tho.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I broke down and ordered 18" EVO-6 in anthracite with Falken Ziex 512 tires, mounted and balanced with lug nuts, for $863 shipped. Should be here in a bout a week.

I appreciate everybody's input!!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts