Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there are any 17x8 rims available that will fit on the tib?...i'm looking for black 17x8...(will do with 7.5)

i searched a lot of places and couldnt find any......(i can't spend too much money though)....i have a budget of 800 bucks or so...(they can be 18's too)..

i don't know of any affordable brands that are reputable......i would really appreciate any help

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
wheelsplanet.com

wheelstudio.com

and did you ever get your cap?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wheelsplanet.com

wheelstudio.com

and did you ever get your cap?
yes......it got here like almost a week after i sent you that last PM...lol......

the post office was REALLY slow this christmas i guess......thanks for the cap though.....looks great on my car:3_winkthu

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get the Buddy Club wheels that KDMGuy has.
aren't those expensive?....how much are they...those are my fav rims..

are there any knockoffs available?..

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
tires are a b!tch to find for 17x8 I think I recall someone saying... costly too... not a fact... I may have the sizes mixed up... i dunno... something to think about

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone know how wide the stock wheels are?

i just don't like how thin they are....they look kinda small when you look at the car from the back...

are they 7 or 7.5?

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
I've got 17X7.5 wheels on my Tib (225/45/R17 tires) I can't rememeber my offset, I think it's +40.

Stock are 17X7

·
Registered
114 Posts
im running asa 17x7.5 with 235-40zr17 with a 35 offset and i have no rubbing.....

i wouldnt go with 7.5 if i had to do it again, i want to lower the tib, and now im not sure if i can without rubbing issues

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im running asa 17x7.5 with 235-40zr17 with a 35 offset and i have no rubbing.....

i wouldnt go with 7.5 if i had to do it again, i want to lower the tib, and now im not sure if i can without rubbing issues
can you post pics?.....

does anyone have any pics of the tires from the back of the car so i can see how wide 7.5 is?

·
Registered
158 Posts
the best set-up I have ever seen here is 17x8 on the front and 17x9 on the back... 38 offset and 35 offset on the back... fenders rolled in and hopefully I will get some volks wheels exactly like that!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does anyone know if these will fit.....

i think it says 9.5......does anyone have 9.5 wide rims?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
does anyone know if these will fit.....

i think it says 9.5......does anyone have 9.5 wide rims?
Those wont fit.... I will bet thats for RWD only.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the best set-up I have ever seen here is 17x8 on the front and 17x9 on the back... 38 offset and 35 offset on the back... fenders rolled in and hopefully I will get some volks wheels exactly like that!
those are the same size and offset i have with my volks with 255 rear tire and a 235 front tire..

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dam...lol.......the guy was selling them locally for 200 bucks....what a good deal it woulda been

whats the max size width i can get for the front do you guys think?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts