Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mom has been wanting a convertible bug for quite some time now, she found someone online selling two of them for like 1700 I believe.. Anyways 1 is a 1972 which is the one she is keeping, the 1970 I am going to get because it does not have a title and needs a bit of work.. So I am getting a free 1970 VW Bug I guess its just the normal one not the super beetle, if anyone would care to explain the differences.. Anyways I am looking for any websites or forums, etc that would have info on my new ride.. Since it does not have a title I am either making it a race car or a off road bug I am thinking off roading since I live out in the desert and I can get to the dirt roads easily from here.. So I am trying to get information on stuff like suspension mods, for raising it up, roll cages, motors that can handle all the jumping and rolling... Any info, and if you got a cool bug I wouldnt mind seeing the pics to.. Let me know, I get to see my new car tommorow morning I will take pictures then and post them up..

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
with enough money ( a few grand) that little car gutted out will lift tires in 2nd gear.
Chase.
i own a 73 super beetle.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
go and pick up a subscription to hot vws magazine and google up the 1970 beetle, beetle forums, etc. you should have alot of fun workin on that little bugger.. probably will need a decent amount of work to get it in good shape, then start building it.. they can be fast as sh!t if you want them to be, lol. a buddy of mine had a baja bug, it was awesome, but can be a little tricky to drive on the streets, he wound up rolling his, but amazingly he and another friend wound up without injury. baja bugs are a friggin blast to drive in the dunes, though. enjoy!

oh and www.jcwhitney.com has a whole section of their catalog devoted to the bug...
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/StoreCatalogDisplay/c-10110/s-10101

1 - 6 of 6 Posts