Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, so, I am thinking of getting this for a winter beater car. 105K miles, 900 bux out the door (including doc fee etc). Has almost new tires on it. Inside is perfect. No air bags obviously. Front wheel drive. Garage kept. Exterior only has minor rust. Engine.... rusty as expected but doesn't look horrible. The valve cover is rusting, but no biggy. I hear these cars are bullet proof. It is an auto as well. What do you think? Buy or pass? This thing probably would be good to haul stuff around in as my tibby is my only car at the moment.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts

Get it then cal X to the Z man.....

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
staw512 said:
just drive the tibby, and spend the 900 on some good winter tires

i drove it last winter. my tires are fine.

i honestly need a car that i dont care about so much and dont have to clean every time i get home or get to work when it rains (yea i dry the tibby off). when it snows i come home and wash it and then dry it. it is time consuming and annoying. i just wanna know something about the quality of the plymouth.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'd lowball even further, the closer to $500 the better. It's not like there's going to be a ton of people calling this guy up to take this thing off his hands.

Not sure how bulletproof these things really are, though this one's obviously holding up pretty good. I can't tell you the last time I saw one around here.

My grandparents had a new Reliant in 1983, the thing was friggin loaded with every option and went out the door for $13000. Not a bad car but mind-numbingly dull to drive. My dad got it after my grandma gave up driving and it only had way low miles for the year. Offered it to my sisters who were just starting out driving and they didn't want it cause it was an old lady's car. Finally wound up selling it for next to nothing just to get it out of the yard.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am gonna tell him i will pay him 800 with a free oil and tranny fluid change and see how that goes over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts