Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im thinking on regrinding cams on my 2004 5spd 2.0 l4 tiburon; ive seen v6's with this specs.

.349 - .350 Lift
210 Duration

will this be ok to my car???? people say no to the ones for the v6.........

new cams specs...will this be ok??? a friend gave me a spec sheet with this.

VALVE LIFT INT: .390"
VALVE LIFT EXT: .390"
DURATION INT @ .050": 218°
DURATION [email protected] .050": 218°
ADV. DURATION INT: 240°
ADV. DURATION EXT: 240°

any suggestions???

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohhhhhh ok,

so let me check the specs he posted on my other thread (mods sorry for posting the kinda same question in 2thread but didn't see the other one)

thanks guys let me check.

·
Registered
947 Posts
greatwhite...

mind posting the specs again?? =_= unless the new spec update sheet is the one u told him

and i thought cams should be one of the very last things you did, especially if/when you're boosting??

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think the ones he added in blue are the ones I gave him. A reflash is the last thing you do.

I don't know if he is boosting or not, but if you really are going to go full N/A then you should do all the basics first, and there is alot. There is a thread stickied at the top of this forum about planning performance upgrades for the I4.

It is super helpful.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i want to go SC next year when i get my tax return so i think, as my friend told me, this cams are like great specs for a supercharged. but just want to make sure with the experts on here if this specs are good for a SC tibby.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Who's doing these regrinds?
I would suspect it's crower...
FYI. we dont have hydralic lifters like the V6 boys do.. so after a regrind you've gotta reshim the head... this process alone is quite difficult and can get a little expensive...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Call crower and talk to them first. I tried to get ahold of Mr. Crower for regrinds for about a month. Always blew me off.

And your specs have a smaller duration than any stock beta cam ever. The delta is not an I4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts