Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you guys know i decided to build my own kit for lack of funds i got some of the basics Intercooler,turbo,BOV, Wastegate,Exhaust, im going to order the oil pan off alpine becuase i dont trust any of my friends welds....But my questions are instead of getting an FMU can i throw bigger injectors in and if i get new injectors do i just swap them in and leave them or is there somethign with the ecu that needs to be changed? And another question i have is does ANYONE know where i can find a turbo downpipe i cant find anythign

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
first: what year and engine tib do you have? i still don't understand..
if we are speaking about 2003+ 2.0 than you should pass the fmu and stick with piggyback, standalone or reprogrammed ecu(a couple of guys do it for around 400 at this forum)
just fitting injectors can help at cruising (openloop) driving , but won't help at WOT(wide open throttle)
second: you can't find a downpipe cause there isn't one. all existing manifolds differ by position of turbo at least for inch or two, so i suggest you look what exactly turbine outlet flange do you have on your turbo and find a dump pipe that is meant for it, than custom fabricate the downpipe to the catback beginning..
for example my setup is skyline oem rb20 turbo (not the cheapo shyt for 200 new on ebay), and it has a 6-bolt turbine outlet. i looked up and found that the only style that fits the flange , won't clear my engine,

so i bought one 5-bolt and going to cut and weld the flange on it,

i'm going standalone, perfectpower prs2 for engine management.. and wrx 440cc injectors , but i don't truly know what work is going to be done on them to make them fit..

·
Registered
418 Posts
I guess I heard of someone just running their I4 with 4x 290cc injectors and thats it, though they could only run 5 pounds of boost max. You really need somekind of a fuel tuning solution otherwise you can barely run any boost at all, and will probably end up with a tune thats not that great.

Do you already have a turbo? And if so what kind?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i have a t3 t4 turbo , its a 2006 I4 Tiburon my buddy i got the turbo from has a downpipe but it was from his integra so im sure some mods will ahve to be done to it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if anyone has time would they sendme a video of their turbo tib just reving the engine i need smoething to drive me haha

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yeah, i understand, if it's the short downpipe that simply makes the 90 turn towards the ground, than it's wonderful, if not you should consider cutting it in the appropriate place, weld on a flange, something like triangular 3-bolt one or 2-bolt as most on your exhaust, and continue fabricating your downpipe from the second flange. it would be a much cleaner and easier to take off if any problems... but it's my opininon cause in my country i can't just make a mandrel-bent downpipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts