Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read the " it does fit thread", and realized noone has used a 20 " rim in this thread. I am planning on purchasing a 20X8.5 with a 36mm offset , a 235-30 series tire. The wheel is a konig (privat / netz ) and was wondering if anyone around here has a 20" set up? :3_bier:

 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,003 Posts
20 inch rims just arent practical. they require a very low profile tire, and u may have to roll ur fenders. sure they may look decent, but i dont think its worth the hassel. try a nice set of 18's instead.
 

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Don't waste your money, get the right size and offset 18's and they will look like 20's.

Check my sig.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
173 Posts
why just why
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
20's will fit.. It has been done by quite a few people, but 20x8.5 may be pushing it... Go for 7.5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DBPM said:
My car has not been purple since the middle to end of 2004.....
see,..... thats what im talkin about!

were/are your fenders cut or rolled?; and it looks like you are lowered too!.
I know 20"'s aren't practical, I will probably get the same wheel but in a 19" with a 30 offset, and a 235-35 tire size. I'm really not worried about rim being messed up due to driving conditions beyond my control, cuz last time (see my sig) I bought an extra wheel and tire. My main reason for asking about the 20" setup, is well.., price. The 20" wheel and tire package is about 200 dollars cheaper than the 19" package. Anyway thanks for the pics and advice, I just cant get 18"s, for me it is not enough. :3_nosthum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
JEREMY01RT said:
see,..... thats what im talkin about!

were/are your fenders cut or rolled?; and it looks like you are lowered too!.
I know 20"'s aren't practical, I will probably get the same wheel but in a 19" with a 30 offset, and a 235-35 tire size. I'm really not worried about rim being messed up due to driving conditions beyond my control, cuz last time (see my sig) I bought an extra wheel and tire. My main reason for asking about the 20" setup, is well.., price. The 20" wheel and tire package is about 200 dollars cheaper than the 19" package. Anyway thanks for the pics and advice, I just cant get 18"s, for me it is not enough. :3_nosthum
I'm running 19's with a 45MM offset 235/35 tires... and lowered almost 2" , and I only rub on hard turns. Would I have it any other way.... may be now that I'm a bit more performance minded, I'm picking up some lightweight 17's for nights at the strip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
eww no way but then again im also for speed and some 20's = crap accel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
staw512 said:
i thoght dbpm still rubbed though......

With the Konigs he said he rubbed on tight turns or big bumps. I almost bought them from him.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
JEREMY01RT said:
see,..... thats what im talkin about!
Yeah but did DBPM ever drive on the street like that? I think you're asking for trouble going over 18" if you drive it on public roads. If this was just a show car then I'd say go for it but for a driver I personally wouldn't.

The 20" rims might be cheaper than 19" now but will they be cheaper when you have to buy a replacement wheel after you bend one on a pothole? And are 20" cheaper than 18" wheels? My opinion is 18" is the largest "safe" wheel on the street for a Tib (unless you get larger tire with the same size sidewall as an 18" wheel).

Weight is another issue. 20" wheels (even 19") are very heavy. That extra weight lowers fuel economy and hurts acceleration and braking.

Just something to think about.
 

·
NT's master gardener
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
yea the 20's fit, but did you actually drive it around places practically?

20" just seems rather silly. but hey, come to atlanta..you'd fit in well here in the ghetto...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
lol well, im no gangsta...... but those 20's look like the sex. im all about fillin the wheel well up as opposed to the 'hot dog in a hallway' with 17's or lowered crazily on 18s (which is what imma hafta do anyway cuz dubs wouldnt last around here)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
05GT said:
I'm running 19's with a 45MM offset 235/35 tires... and lowered almost 2" , and I only rub on hard turns. Would I have it any other way.... may be now that I'm a bit more performance minded, I'm picking up some lightweight 17's for nights at the strip.
what size rim width are those wheels? Are you only rubbing on plastic or is it rubbing on any type of moving components in the suspension or just stationary pieces of structrural/ non structrual inner fender metal, that may possibly be cut ,bent or removed. Oh and how deep are your wheels..... lip depth in inches?

By the way your ride looks pretty sick with all that wheel fillin the well. I will probably go with the 19" 's. :3_yummie:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,879 Posts
JEREMY01RT said:
what size rim width are those wheels? Are you only rubbing on plastic or is it rubbing on any type of moving components in the suspension or just stationary pieces of structrural/ non structrual inner fender metal, that may possibly be cut ,bent or removed. Oh and how deep are your wheels..... lip depth in inches?

By the way your ride looks pretty sick with all that wheel fillin the well. I will probably go with the 19" 's. :3_yummie:
The width is 7.5". I don't rub any suspension parts. It touches the plastic inside of the wheel well, and on hard turns the front wheels slightly rub against the back of the wheel well.

My 19's with tires weren't that much heavier than the stock 17's and tires.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top