Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best air intake for a 2003 4-cylinder and where is the cheapest place to get it?

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gee thanks for the support moron. All the search brings up is multiple threads talking about state meets.

·
Registered
88 Posts
people think they're way better than you on here...dont worry about it..i have an injen i like it sounds real throaty

·
Banned
434 Posts
NadaV6 said:
people think they're way better than you on here...dont worry about it..i have an injen i like it sounds real throaty
i dont think im better than him. I just think he needs to look before hitting that little button...

how bout the 'Performance Mods with Links' STICKY
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203

or the 'Definitive CAI Explanation Thread' Thread
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279&page=1&pp=40

or the '[[F/S]] Injen Intakes / Best Price! ' Thread
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36636&highlight=intake

or
www.ebay.com

or there was a thread posted yesterday about nopionline having a sale on intakes

my point is....look around for all of 14 seconds and this thread doesnt need to be here....

·
Banned
243 Posts
Or you could get the sand out of your ***** and suggest something for the guy, regardless of where the thread is. From what I've seen.....it looks like Injen makes a good product and I'd go with the RD series, it'll run you about $250 but at least its a proper cold air intake, its mounted in the wheel well or front bumper (not sure which one) so it actually gets cold air...not like those shiny chrome shorties they throw in the engine bay to look pretty but feed the engine hot air.

·
Registered
180 Posts
go fujita, its what I have and I love it. Reallt deep throaty sound. Every1 always asks me it the sound they are hearing is a turbo... where they get that, idk, but I get it alot. I paid $271 for the intake, including shipping. Expensive, yes, worth it, yeah... kinda,(wish it added more hp for the money) I got like a 8-ish hp gain.

·
Official NT Bunghole Licker
851 Posts
for a 2003 i4, you have to get one specifically made for the 03 i4. its the only one with a MAP sensor.

and, honestly, i don't blame people for being short with you. i've flamed dozens of threads for less. the search feature is as much a tool as you are.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hate to say it, but I've used the search feature quite a few times recently rather than making new topics, and honestly, there are so many threads that it is pretty difficult to find much of what you really want to see. If there are topics that are searched so much that anyone feels the need to flame others over not using said search option, stick them perhaps?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone that has been helpful. Oh, and Snarfy...

Blow me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will give another vote for the injen intake makes really cool sound under heavy throttle I did not really notice a hp gain with my a$$odyno. It is very pricey for the full cold air intake. dont bother with the short systems that leave the filter in the engine bay to suck up hot air.
:3_nosthum

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went AEM for my CAI, and I wouldn't go any other brand myself, but that's just me. Nice throaty growl to it. I bought mine for around $217.00 + shipping, it was like 225 dollars or something, they had a discount on it at the time, they normally run $224. I ordered it from The Tire Rack because they had the cheapest price, not to mention they're a company I can trust. I prefer AEM because of the quality and the dyno-proven gains they give, no guesswork with them, you know what you're getting and it's good stuff.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
chuchuca said:
Go Injen, get it from r100's, you won't regret it.
I emailed him, waiting for a response.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
my advise is to invest in a good filter , like go to autozone and tell em you want a 3 inch inlet K&N cone and then do the tubing yourself

·
Official NT Bunghole Licker
851 Posts
Sdevante said:
Thanks to everyone that has been helpful. Oh, and Snarfy...

Blow me.
Hahaha, sorry to have put your e-panties in a bind. No wait, not particularly sorry. Anyway, I gave you what was - at that point - the most useful information to the thread. For that, you are welcome. Otherwise, you are still a newbie posting a newbie question in a thread that has been beat senseless for YEARS.

...anyway, I'm done here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Or you could get the sand out of your ***** and suggest something for the guy, regardless of where the thread is. From what I've seen.....it looks like Injen makes a good product and I'd go with the RD series, it'll run you about $250 but at least its a proper cold air intake, its mounted in the wheel well or front bumper (not sure which one) so it actually gets cold air...not like those shiny chrome shorties they throw in the engine bay to look pretty but feed the engine hot air.
is it hard to intall the intake ? i can do it on my own or you what you recommend?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts