Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
The recall is valid to any owner. Check with the dealership to find out if these corrections were made to the vehicle.

·
Registered
282 Posts
how many people brought theirs in?

i am looking to send mine to the dealer npossibly next week. but i want more info before i do so.

i was told they drill holes in he subframe to check this. does any one know exactly where these holes are drilled? i dont want my car turned into swiss cheese and then find out later down the road that it was because of the holes they put in my sub frame.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Call/email Hyundai or go into any dealer's service department and give 'em your VIN to see if there are any outstanding recalls for your car.

But now I'm starting to wonder. I emailed Hyundai to check on the '03 I just bought in June and they tell me it's all up-to-date but as far as I know, the used car dealer I bought it from has had it since last Fall. The suspension recall is from late April, so how could it have possibly been done on my car?? Or I suppose my car is simply not included (it's a Tuscani which was a mid-'03 offering).

·
Registered
120 Posts
in ajax they are telling me it hasn't started in ontario yet...thus far he said his hands are tied...funny thing is a month and half ago he told he to come back in 3 weeks well i came back in 6 weeks and they still haven't started it up yet...i'm pretty positive mine are messed because my car has never been rust proofed till i got it last year, so i told him if anything breaks relating to that i won't be a happy curtomer and you will pay for it not me...after that he showed me as proof on his computer he isn't allowed to start it yet and i apoligized. he actualy has an email stating from hyundai that they aren't allowed to start the recall.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
soooo apparently none of those recalls affected my car because of its manufacturing date..
the airbag one is definitely happening to me, and i know the previous owner had it fixed 3 times!
the dealer i called said i was out of luck tho....

·
Registered
296 Posts
i emailed hyundai canada yesterday asking about all the recalls and received this response today:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The recall you are inquiring about is concerning the front lower control arms of the 2003 Tiburons. During the winter months, the salt used on the roads builds up, and corrodes the metal. This recall entails inspecting the vehicle for corrosion. If corrosion is found, we will replace the control arms of the vehicle.

We are currently in the process of sending out recall notices to customers with affected vehicles. You should be receiving your letter shortly. However, you do not need to wait for our letter to make an appointment with your local Hyundai dealership. If this is the case, please tell the service department that you have contacted us, and we have confirmed there is a recall on your vehicle. They will schedule you an appointment that is convenient for you.

The funny this is the response only references the control arm issue but not the other recalls outlined like the air bag light.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
got that letter yesterday. i'm taking mine in next week.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i got a 03 GT i bought since new , never got any notification for any recal, maybe its only for a certain batch of vins.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
it really only applies if you live anywhere where you are at risk for a lot of rust.. like if they put salt on the roads around you, or if you live on the beach or something. i think the way they determine if you need it is based on where the car was first sold.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got a letter in the mail today stating that I will be contacted to arrange an appointment to have my Tib inspected for the recall.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a letter in the mail today stating that I will be contacted to arrange an appointment to have my Tib inspected for the recall.
YUP same here...i knew about this 4 months ago contacted hyundai canada and told me to wait for the first letter it will describe everything,there is a second letter that tells you which dealership and when to go, now that was 4-5 months ago soo maybe they might have changed it to just a phone call but i got the same letter and it does say a second letter coming depending on age....seeing how i own one of the first tibbs made :) i should get in quickly my tibb was made in september of 02 but is classified as an 03...but the elantras go back older so they will be done first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts