Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been on here years ago when i had an 04 4cyl Tib, and i just bought an 03 gt with the 6Speed manual for 1400 with 136,9xx miles on it..... ive searched everywhere over the past 3 days and havent had any luck finding my issue in another thread. The car starts and idles great, runs perfect under normal driving conditions. When you get on it and play with it, going into a corner under braking with a downshift the car loses all power and power steering and all goes out. I then have to dump the clutch to fire it back up and it drives fine. What could be causing this? It doesnt throw any codes nor does the CEL come on at any point except when all the lights on the dash come on when it shuts off. Its wired for a 2000 watt system but its not hooked up at the battery terminal and has an auto page alarm that was disconnected by the previous owner because he said it made the temp gauge peg out but the car wasnt over heating as per the readings of his temperature gun. Im kinda lost here so any ideas would be great. To me it kind of sounds like a bad electrical connection or something thats only affected by Gs of a braking load or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone also had said that, "it could be the butterfly sticking wide open on the throttle body when you get on the pedal, from carbon build up, and its getting to much air and stops combusting the fuel and dies" so im gonna check that as well

·
Registered
45 Posts
no. it does not die from sticking at WOT.

Ive never heard of anything like your friend discusses.

probably loose wires somewhere.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check for any burnt wires near the fuel injector rails and the ignition coils. There is a tiny ground wire that goes from the fuel injectors to the rest of the ground of the car if that's frayed or burned the car will start dieing or not even crank. It will literally do nothing.

To test this:

Go to AdvAuto or AutoZone, and get a black ground cable with both sides for bolts, NOT the one that has a side for bat terminal and the other side for bolt. screw one end into the ignition coil side bolt (that holds it in) and the other into any metal of the car, you can use the ground section near the upper intake manifold. You can use the bolts that are already there.

I had this issue once, and I found it by happenstance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts