Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuck in gearHave a 2003 Tiburon V6 it cut off while I was driving had it towed home. Dash lights will come on but will not turn over I think its stuck in 3 gear. Sombody suggested it was automatic transmission moduel any ideas before I spend $500 on a new one

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
Trans module will not likely be the issue.
So no crank?
Or no start with cranking?
If no crank, shift into neutral and see if it cranks.

Any CEL's/MIL's?
If so, what......

·
Registered
795 Posts
When was the timing belt done last?

I also want to confirm you're using the correct term here when you say "turn over".

"turn over" or "crank / crank over" refer to when the starter is turning / cranking the engine (usually to start the car).
Sometimes people use this phrase when the engine does turn over but doesn't start, which would normally be refereed to as a "crank no-start" or "turns over but doesn't start"
Otherwise, if the engine doesn't make any attempt to start at all, it would be called a "no crank" or "doesn't turn over".

I ask this because I find it very odd that the engine would suddenly die and not crank immediately after. Such a failure would point me at a main electrical ground / power or something similar as the starter circuit shouldn't affect the engine dying and vice versa.

·
Registered
2003 Hyundai Tiberon Gt 6
2 Posts
Tuck in gearHave a 2003 Tiburon V6 it cut off while I was driving had it towed home. Dash lights will come on but will not turn over I think its stuck in 3 gear. Sombody suggested it was automatic transmission moduel any ideas before I spend $500 on a new one
Mine did that to me, turned out to be my altenator went out. all my dash lights were on had radio headlights everything would not turn over could not be jump started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts