Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thead before about my 2005 2.7 not starting. It cranks but won't start. Eventually I took it to the Hyundai garage and they tried different things e.g. replaced the imobilizer sensor etc. Today they called me and said scrap the car! The bcm fuse box (under the dash board) must be replaced due to corrosion and the clutch don't work. The car has been waiting for repair at the shop for some time. Thay say it will cost 2000 dollars just to replace the fuse box and then it's the clutch. What are your thoughts about crapping the car? My thoughts are like the fuse box must be possible to replace for a lower cost (can do the job my self I think) and the clutch, well how bad can it be?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a bcm for 60 bucks same part number and everything and replaced it in half a hour.. to buy one new is a compleat waste of money they cost 600 to 1000$ new as far as the clutch goes not sure on price but if it’s in good shape and low km I say do it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a bcm for 60 bucks same part number and everything and replaced it in half a hour.. to buy one new is a compleat waste of money they cost 600 to 1000$ new as far as the clutch goes not sure on price but if it’s in good shape and low km I say do it
I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I tried to clean the old BCM circuit board but that did not help. I can see that parts of the board have been covered by water for some time. Anyway I found a used box for 200$ but the question is will it work? Hyundai says it must be done so that the used BCM should have been reset while it was still in the original car it came from. If not I must replace the ECM and reprogram all the keys as well. Everything except for the immobilizer will work anyway but not that darn imob! I am about to give up and just scrap the car. I have more idea: to locate the relay that finally engage and feeds the ignition coil and just force it and see what happens. If that works I will just bypass all the circuits boards and build my own 'imobilizer'.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don’t know why everyone and dealers say the bcm has to be programmed. It doesn’t it’s literally a over complicated fuse box the only thing that needs to be programmed is a ecu unless you get a ecu from before2006 then they don’t lol... but make sure you fuse box is the same model... and by the way what’s going on with you car it’s not running obviously but is the car with a key light lit up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t know why everyone and dealers say the bcm has to be programmed. It doesn’t it’s literally a over complicated fuse box the only thing that needs to be programmed is a ecu unless you get a ecu from before2006 then they don’t lol... but make sure you fuse box is the same model... and by the way what’s going on with you car it’s not running obviously but is the car with a key light lit up?
As far as I understand the immobilizer doesn't sense the correct key. I think is doesn't sense any key at all. The sensor antenna locate at the ignition lock has been replaced. The car still doesn't ignite. It cranks and everything else seems to be working. Lights, radio, fan, ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But is there a light on the dash it’s a yellow car with a key
Yes sometimes. Sometimes flashing. Sometimes solid. Sometimes after a few sec it went off. Maybe depending on whether I cranked the engine of not. What does it mean?

·
Registered
37 Posts
When you first turn your key it should come on or flash or whatever but if it turns off after 10 seconds or something like that then it’s not your immobilizer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts