Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what part on the back of a 2006 BCM communicates with the keyfob? I replaced my BCM with a used one annd all works fine except my FOB will not open the doors even after I reprogrammed the FOB. Is there a component on the back of the BCM that communicates with the FOB that can be replaced with one from original BCM to get the FOB to unlock the doors?

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
718 Posts
When you say you reprogrammed your keyfob did you take it to a dealer for programming? Or did you do the key on trick where you press lock/unlock at the same time to "resync" the keyfob? The resync only works if the BCM and keyfob are programmed to match. If you installed a different BCM you will have to reprogram your keyfobs and/or your BCM.

The keyfob communication comes from the BCM directly. There is a little antenna built into the BCM mainboard indicating that it is integrated with the BCM.

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Computer hardware

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did the press lock / unlock trick. I was wondering if one of the removable components that jack into the back cover communicates with the fob via the antenna. If so, if I replaced it with my original component that was programmed to my fob, then I would not have to have the dealer do it. Do you know if one of the components on the back communicates with the fob? I only know that one is the chime, but I don't know what the others do. Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate your time to respond.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
718 Posts
The FOB communication is built into the BCM as indicated by the built in antenna. There isn't a separate device attached to the BCM.

If the BCM changes then so does the programming requiring a dealer or locksmith to reprogram it. The lock/unlock trick will not work if the BCM is changed out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts