Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2.0L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tiburon community
Im rebuilding my 2.0L engine needing complete cylinder head & cams.

My question is that the engine has about 178K miles on it and im worried about doing all this work on the engine and not touching the transmission. Its a Mitsubishi F4A41 automatic transmission.

So far I don't have any issues with tranny but my question is should I dive in and do a basic rebuild kit, clean & change tranny filter etc? Ive rebuilt standard transmissions before but not automatic I watched a few U-Tube videos (so I guess Im a pro :) just kidding its a different animal I recognize.

My question is do I just leave it alone? Torque converter? and wait and see after engine rebuild or do a rebuild?

I do not have any tranny specific tools so I know these would be an investment for them

your thoughts
also any links for tranny master rebuild kits for the F4A41?

sincerely
mike

Attachments

Registered
2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Manual swap it!

But as for autos if you don't beat on it and service it at the regular intervals you'll be fine. I've seen alot of these engines/trans go for 225k mi (and higher). But those are in Elantras or Spectras so they're likely not best on as hard by their owners.

Why'd you need to rebuild the engine anyway?

Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2.0L
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you EpicRaptorMan....the reason for rebuild was piss poor maintenance from previous owner with oil changes which caused lower end connecting rod Bering to spin because of excessive blow-by & oil consumption (my son was driving the car for college commute) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts