Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a pair of 2006 tiburon seats for my 2003 tiburon and everything fits fine except the conections for the air bags are slightly different. does anyone have a solution for this, i would hate to lose the side airbags. any help would be appreciated -thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry don't know, but I've been wanting to get new seat's myself. How much did they cost? did you get front and back?

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Haha, yeah, I got owned by that too. You wont be able to hook them up properly. I even got a ETM for our cars and looked up the 05 model wire colors, and made some connectors up. My airbag light still is on. As long as your light is on, none of the airbags will work.

·
Registered
161 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
Haha, yeah, I got owned by that too. You wont be able to hook them up properly. I even got a ETM for our cars and looked up the 05 model wire colors, and made some connectors up. My airbag light still is on. As long as your light is on, none of the airbags will work.

Ok let me try this again...how much your the seats cost? You don't know how much you payed for your seats?
Don't keep it a secret man

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Ignarus said:
Ok let me try this again...how much your the seats cost? You don't know how much you payed for your seats?
Don't keep it a secret man
Well first off, I wasn't even replying to your post, actually didn't even read it. That's why I was keeping it a secret. I didn't pay anything for my 05 seats, I traded my 04 black leathers for the 05 red cloth, and vinyl. All I paid was $50 for shipping.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
stevefrances21 said:
mine were basically free, my friend works at a dealership and she brought a new car to my house and we simply swapped out everything that was different including the entire door panels the front and back seats and the floor mats. and i just paid her some cash for her troubles. oh yeah also the new headlights! :3_yummie:

So in other words you stole the interior from a new car and now some poor guy will buy a new car with a used interior and headlights? That is not right.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
As long as your light is on, none of the airbags will work.
That is not true, it will only not activate what is causing the light to come on. So, if your side airbags are tripping the light, it will just turn them off, and the rest of the system will work. If need be, have UnHolyTib give you a rundown!

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
That is not right.
I think the technical term is "grand larceny" and here in Texas that's categorized as a state jail felony since the value is definately over $1500 but less than $20K. If convicted it is a minimum 6 months in jail (max 2 yrs) plus a fine of up to $10K.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
aLiEn_sPoReZ said:
I think the technical term is "grand larceny" and here in Texas that's categorized as a state jail felony since the value is definately over $1500 but less than $20K. If convicted it is a minimum 6 months in jail (max 2 yrs) plus a fine of up to $10K.
If that salesperson does not go to jail I will be willing to bet they will lose their job over this.

Someone needs to call the dealerships in Houston,TX and report this. Can you imagine purchasing your first brand new car to later discover it has a 2-3 year old interior with non working airbags? What if that person is in an accident and they are killed as a result? stevefrances21 and the salesperson would be liable for thier death.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
If that salesperson does not go to jail I will be willing to bet they will lose their job over this.

Someone needs to call the dealerships in Houston,TX and report this. Can you imagine purchasing your first brand new car to later discover it has a 2-3 year old interior with non working airbags? What if that person is in an accident and they are killed as a result? stevefrances21 and the salesperson would be liable for thier death.
Well, the airbag light will be on with both cars since the connectors will be different.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yeah, that is pretty $hitty, they will probably test drive it and see it on, and then someone will be like, hey this is not the right interior! Someone will be doing some time, and I bet the friend flips on him, that way she can cut a deal! Someone should go to the Houston dealership and see if they can find the car they swapped interiors in and then ask the sales person why it has a different interior than the rest of the cars!

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Why stop at the seats? Why not swap out the brakes and rotors? Or how about the engine and tranny ... hell, why not just swap out the VIN tags and keep the whole car!

Plus, some people on here are cops or work for Hyundai... soooo, good luck with that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
this is gonna get interesting......

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
aLiEn_sPoReZ said:
Why stop at the seats? Why not swap out the brakes and rotors? Or how about the engine and tranny ... hell, why not just swap out the VIN tags and keep the whole car!

Plus, some people on here are cops or work for Hyundai... soooo, good luck with that.
Fk all that, just take a gun to the dealership and shoot everyone then steal all their money and jewelry! :)

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
CarrRyanE said:
lol... If I did that... this (NT) would be the last place to find out that I did... Not a great choice bro
Ya, you don't see too many newbies on the board saying, "Yo, I just got a new 2006 Tiburon and I love it! It was free because I jacked it off this dude that was stopped at a stop light. Anyone know how to disable LoJack?"

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I held my mother at gun point... told her.... sign it *****... sign it...

then I drove off with my new car... then ran out of gas... robbed tow truck guy for some gas... now I am in Sing Sing... So worth it man....lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts