Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Pontiac GTO PBM/BLK/M6/18 converted back to Vauxhall Monaro with only12,500 miles
1 of 1124 built - Only Vauxhall conversion in the entire country ( to best of my knowledge from searches on the internet and LS2GTO forums)

Exterior:
Full Vauxhall Left Hand Conversion
Vauxhall Front Bar / Fog lights / Emblems
Vauxhall side markers / Monaro emblems
Vauxhall Boot Bar / Emblems including UK rear fog light
JHP Lip Spoiler
ROH Drift-R with Toyo TR1's 275 in back
SLP Drag Bags

Engine:
Magnuson 112 Supercharged LS2
Full water/air intercooler system
SLP Long Tube Headers
SLP HI-Flow Mids
SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust
Volant CAI
HPE Tuned

Interior:
Black on Black
Monaro emblems
Vauxhall airbag system
Monaro gauge cluster with shift light activation
GMM Race short shifter

This car has very few miles and had over 20000 dollars in extras added to it.. it is a very fast and strong car.
During the last little hail storm it was outside and took a few dings, but otherwise car is perfect

30,000 obo

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yeah. it was converted into a Vauxhall Monaro
Actually, it was a Monaro converted in to a GTO by Pontiac... I just put it back

The car is made By Holden LTD in Austrailia as a Monaro- then rebadged for sale around the world...

Austrailia - Holden Monaro
UK - Vauxhall Monaro
Europe - Chevrolet Lumina
US - Pontiac GTO

The UK version is the most limited - with under 1500 VZ models exported - the GTO was limited to under 40K total for the 3 years of production, estimates put the current surviving GTO models at around 30K total. In comparison, there were almost 160K Mustangs made in 2006, compared to the only 13K total imports for the GTO - In 1969, Pontiac sold 72K of the GTO - These production numbers show how limited the GTO production actually was. Now that Pontiac has been killed off by GM - expected projections show the GTO with a huge collectible "following" over the next 10 to 15 years. The GTO and G8 will be the last muscle cars ever produced and sold under the Pontiac name.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Very nice car Wyatt, I am actually looking at picking up a GTO right now once I sell my Tiburon, but I want a "GTO", not a Vauxhall Conversion. I know a few people who have done the exterior Vauxhall conversion, and I do know from word of mouth locally that there is a guy who has done everything you've done (Interior and Out) on a Yellow one but regardless of how many/few conversions there are, this is definitely a nice clean piece of ride right here! You may definitely be one of a handful with a full Vauxhall Monaro conversion in the States, which makes it even more of a rarity.

I have a sad feeling though you'll have trouble selling it for $30,000. They don't seem to sell very high, regardless of mods; I am mainly referring to the yellow Twin turbo GTO with the full roll cage..etc with 700+whp that went for $18,000.

Regardless, good luck with the sale! It is definitely worth the asking price.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice car Wyatt, I am actually looking at picking up a GTO right now once I sell my Tiburon, but I want a "GTO", not a Vauxhall Conversion. I know a few people who have done the exterior Vauxhall conversion, and I do know from word of mouth locally that there is a guy who has done everything you've done (Interior and Out) on a Yellow one but regardless of how many/few conversions there are, this is definitely a nice clean piece of ride right here! You may definitely be one of a handful with a full Vauxhall Monaro conversion in the States, which makes it even more of a rarity.

I have a sad feeling though you'll have trouble selling it for $30,000. They don't seem to sell very high, regardless of mods; I am mainly referring to the yellow Twin turbo GTO with the full roll cage..etc with 700+whp that went for $18,000.

Regardless, good luck with the sale! It is definitely worth the asking price.
I know of a lot of HOLDEN CV8Z conversions.. The Vauxhall conversion costs almost 3 times more than a CV8 conversion - I would like to see a Vauxhall conversion if you can show me one... The driver airbag for a Holden conversion costs 365 from AU - the same airbag from the UK costs almost 900 - and because Vauxhall is a VIN whore... they will not sell parts to someone that doesn't have a Vauxhall - I just happen to know someone that does - so I paid the cost + VAT+shipping for parts... I have not found anyone else serious enough to pay those prices - like I said, if you know of someone who has done it, I would like to see it...

This car has 12K miles on it, with a total of almost 55K invested... I will get 30K easy... I can part it out and return it to a stock GTO and get 20K for the car and 10-15K for the parts... people getting themselves in to places where they have to sell their cars and then do a low ball is the norm - 700 hp is not reliable in a GTO - thats a repair all the time car... I own this car outright and don't have to take a low ball offer - if it doesn't sell, it just sits as more and more kids destroy these cars....

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
I could've sworn I seen a few exterior Monaro conversions on the GTO forums but the one local to me has been confirmed by my boss. I have only seen it once, and at the time took no real thought into it, my boss who is huge into muscle cars actually seen it the other day and parked next to it at a market about 30 minutes from where I live. He says the guy owns some Farmers Market or something. Again, I took no thought into it besides "Oh, a modded GTO" as I did not know the price difference though between Vauxhall and the Holden. Just goes to show you even more what this car is worth.

As I said, I suspect you'll easy get $30,000 for it, it's all about finding the right buyer. I personally feel the market for GTO's seems to be rather slim but then again, yours seems to be in a market all of its own. You are right about the kid part though, clearly seen on the LS1/LS2GTO Forum. Why not post it on the GTO Forums? I know you need the name card in the pics, but I doubt you'll get anything off of a Tiburon forum.

Again, good luck with the sale! Hopefully the buyer appreciates it as much as you have, thankfully with the price where it is, a kid probably won't be the one ending up with it.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Very nice car. One of my friend's friends had a real Holden Monaro, cammed and all, and he just flipped it at 135 on the highway. What a waste of a rare car... That just proves your point even more about kids destroying them.
Good luck with the sale!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts