Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
side looks just like G35 and front as well.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Looks good... A non-luxury G35 and I'm sure the power will be nice with their 3.5L V6.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OMG.. Im starting to hate Nissan ... i mean com on... atleast change some body mods and then call it an altima coupe !!! same thing with Lexus & Toyota .. aaaarkh,,

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I like it. But, I like the G35 over the Z as well. I've always liked the V6 Altima but couldn't get past the 4-doors.

·
Registered
308 Posts
My sister has the 3.5 altima... that thing has some decent power. I would definately drive a coupe version. I'm not a fan of 4 doors... friends expect you to drive them places when you have 4 doors.

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Nice!!!! You get a nice lip kit on that bad boy and it'll be pimp.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I bet it wouldn't handle very well with those 4 tiny wheels on each corner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work at Nissan and a few of the sales people began conversation about the Coupe so I got interested and looked it up online. They were talking about it being between 20-30k, depending on what engine you get. They also mentioned it's not coming out till next Spring, so it'll be a while. It looks interesting to me, I'm strongly thinking about getting one when it comes out.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm sure they're doing this to compete with the Solara, but they're probably going to siphon more sales from the G35 and 350Z than the Toyota.

But it's a coupe, and considering nobody builds coupes anymore, this is a good sign.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
you guys sure thats not the new 350Z, looks to similar to the Z

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Claff said:
I'm sure they're doing this to compete with the Solara, but they're probably going to siphon more sales from the G35 and 350Z than the Toyota.

But it's a coupe, and considering nobody builds coupes anymore, this is a good sign.
humm..to me its very strange that Nissan will be launching a third coupe in its lineup?

Yes, probably this will compete with the Solara for a while, but the Solora is being drop-out of production and the Accord coupe just lives behind the shade of its 4 door brother.

Nissan already got the G35 covering the luxury side and the 350Z convering a large span of pontential buyes from entry level to sport , to semi-luxury..even a convertible.

An coupe Altime priced atractively in the low-mid 20s with the same V6 will just stealth all but the most 350Z hardcore fans..

Unless they make it a 4-cylinder very entry level, it should be a disaster for the 350 if they launch this car.

The same reason why the Maxima has slipped in the shades....when the last gen Altima was launched it had the same 3.5 V6, just as big, just as fast and several $$$ less.

Do you remember back in the 98-01 when the 3.0 V6 , 198hp 23K USD Maxima was the entry level sport sedan to have.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
wtf.....why is everyone saying they took it from a g35? anyone remember how close the G35 and 350Z used to look? nissan is just using their own model and incorporating it into an out dated model. /end rant

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
I like it so far. It would be nice to see better pics and of course pics of the interior. Might be a nice cheap alternative to the 350z/G35 Coupe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts