Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the new Car and Driver review, the 2007 has stiffer springs and better anti-roll bars...

I wonder how good the suspension is... 'cause i'm sure it is compatible with 05-06 models. I'm thinking about ordering one of the last 15 eibach dampers in the world, but i wonder if i should just hold off and pick up some suspension off the '07.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would like to know as well, I have been thinking about if the 'Euro spec' 07 compares to the 03s and others.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Just get aftermarket stuff. The cost of crap off of the '07 won't even be worth it.

·
Banned
434 Posts
I dont know why hyundai would introduce a harder suspension on the 07's. They had a mildly stiffer suspension on the 03 GT and had to softit up for 04+ when people *****ed about the ride quality.

Doesnt make a whole lot of sence to me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
antiquity said:
oh and were exactly is this line on eibach dampers? just curous.
an ebay seller. looks legit enough. I've sent him an email to make sure he's actually got em. Hopefully we won't be disappointed again...

I'll link you when I get home.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Certain models of '03 already had the stiffer suspension and the more beefy rear sway bar. My '03GT has it. I'm wondering if they're going back to the same for the '07.

·
Registered
130 Posts
antiquity said:
I dont know why hyundai would introduce a harder suspension on the 07's. They had a mildly stiffer suspension on the 03 GT and had to softit up for 04+ when people *****ed about the ride quality.

Doesnt make a whole lot of sence to me.
Isn't the stiffer suspension only for the SE models? The SE model is supposed ot be the "sportier" model. People that want comfort can get the GT I suppose. My guess is they want to appeal to more people.

·
Banned
434 Posts
HaHaHeHeLoLz said:
Isn't the stiffer suspension only for the SE models? The SE model is supposed ot be the "sportier" model. People that want comfort can get the GT I suppose. My guess is they want to appeal to more people.

I hope you are talking about the 07?

i you are talking about the 03 then you are not correct. There was no SE model for the 03, at least in the US. There were only base models with the 4cyl and the GT with the v6. The GT had the "ultra sport" suspension with stiffer springs and thicker rollbars. For 04+ all base models GT's and SE's had the same suspension.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ yes for the '07, I assume he meant.

and BTW, the ebay seller turned out negative. I sent an email inquiring about their stock of eibach pro dampers, and they said they order them from eibach. i told them they were noobs and that was it. :p

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Figures, cause Eibach is out of them!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
yea, the 07 suspension is just the 03 (USP3) revived. kinda funny

·
Registered
631 Posts
if you really want to get the new 07 suspension put in sway bars and after the usual mounting plate breaks just take it back for warranty and slip them a 20 and have them replace the struts with the 07. Due to the price its cheaper and better to go coilovers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts