Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a lot of problems with my 08 2.7L GT Tibby. Mainly electrical but some issues are mechanical. First off, the non-functioning components are:
• Radio
• Driver door lock switch
• Center fascia temperature screen and button(Clock screen and buttons still work)
• Climate control screen and buttons (Only response comes from rear defog button)
• Sunroof buttons (No response)
• Battery
• Side mirror control (No response)
• Some relay circuits test bad
• Headlight switch (Only when trying to turn off lights, functions properly otherwise)
• A/C clutch
• Power steering
• Airbag fault(indicator light on)

A few specifics:
• Battery reads around 12.6V and around 10.8 when I put a charge to it. Tool used: bit .ly/2z4VAjc
• Starting issue: Car seems to crawl to life even when battery is fully charged. (I'll post a video if needed)
• Very rough start when cold(Approx 1500RPM at first, dropping to around 1000RPM, and then dropping to around 800RPM while idling)
• Interior and exterior lights dim when window/door lock switches are used (Mainly interior)
My next issue involves relay circuits I've identified as faulty. Tool used: bit. ly/2OWcU4H
These are my results for each pin separately:
•H/LP(low): 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Going to Earth
• RAD: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both
• COND1: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both
• F/PUMP: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both
• HORN: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Getting voltage 85 - Both
• WIPER: 30 - Going to Earth 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both
• F/FOG: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both
• H/LP(high) 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both
• A/CON: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both
• START: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Both 85 - Going to Earth
• MAIN: 30 - Getting voltage 86 - Getting voltage 85 - Both
• COND2: 30 - Both 86 - Going to Earth 85 - Both (When activated with tester, 30 switches to "Going to Earth")

My scanner cannot read hyundai SRS codes, but I've listed the OBD2 and ABS codes:
Engine:

• P0442 (Small EVAP leak)

ABS:
• C1209 - Wheel Speed Sensor Rear-RH Open/Short
• C2402 - Motor Electrical
• C2112 - Valve Relay Failure (Valve Relay or Fuse Failure)

If anyone can provide any helpful information, suggestions, or tips, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you're going to comment something along the lines of "Throw it away" or "get a new car" please don't waste my time or yours.

BIG thanks to anyone that can help.
LMK if I need to provide any additional info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This may be silly but how's your serpentine belt? You mention power steering and a whole host of electrical problems that are hopefully from low voltage. A busted or slipping serpentine could hopefully do a lot of this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you're not seeing 14 volts while running there's definitely something up with your alternator/battery, but the serpentine powers both the alternator and power steering. Two birds one stone maybe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts