Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
08 I4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i’ve been doing some diving into the aftermarket for the I4 engines and i hadn’t seen this turbo kit until relatively recently. Does anyone know if it’s any good or if it’s worth the money? for all of the stuff included it seems extremely cheap which makes me very skeptical. i don’t really wanna blow 1400 on the kit alone, not including the ecu i’d have to buy and pay for the tune, just to find out it’s all junk and it’ll blow my engine

· Registered
561 Posts
Nope not a good kit at all. I'm pretty sure it's just a cheap ebay kit the guy just resells for more . If you really want to turbo your i4 tiburon then using an evo 8 to 9 turbo manifold will help , you will have to modify some of the bolt holes on the manifold to get ot to fit though. Then you can just get a universal intercooler and piping , get bigger injectors evo injectors also fit from what I hear. Then you need a bigger fuel pump. Then a standalone to control it all. And upgrade your clutch .

· Registered
122 Posts
The only thing half decent in that kit is the turbo manifold. I’m currently using that manifold and so far it’s doing ok.
I got additional tabs welded from the flange to the runners on the bottom side to help strengthen it.

I have a build thread on my Elantra in this section, u can have a look at it to give u some ideas and parts to get.
Keep in mind it’ll cost u more than u think to turbo ur Tib to do it properly.

· Registered
67 Posts
The only thing half decent in that kit is the turbo manifold. I’m currently using that manifold and so far it’s doing ok.
I got additional tabs welded from the flange to the runners on the bottom side to help strengthen it.

I have a build thread on my Elantra in this section, u can have a look at it to give u some ideas and parts to get.
Keep in mind it’ll cost u more than u think to turbo ur Tib to do it properly.
I’m also using the same turbo manifold on my 07 tib and so far it’s doing its job…. only difference with mine is i’m using the fic6 with my set up… and it took me a while to even get the installation right on the fic plus i had to make my own boomslang which i posted early fall of last year… it’s holding up with a “decent tune “

· Registered
122 Posts
I’m also using the same turbo manifold on my 07 tib and so far it’s doing its job…. only difference with mine is i’m using the fic6 with my set up… and it took me a while to even get the installation right on the fic plus i had to make my own boomslang which i posted early fall of last year… it’s holding up with a “decent tune “
U made ur own patch harness ? That’s pretty cool. They’re worth their weight in gold I reckon. I asked Haltech if they would make me one for my car and it was a hard “No sorry” lol

· Registered
67 Posts
U made ur own patch harness ? That’s pretty cool. They’re worth their weight in gold I reckon. I asked Haltech if they would make me one for my car and it was a hard “No sorry” lol
Yes with some assistance from chase and rushking.. Not gonna lie it was a PITA and it took me a few weeks and lots of errors in the process.. But it can be done…
Gesture Headgear Art Tints and shades Thigh

Sleeve Automotive design Art Font Space

Electrical wiring Cable Wire Electrical supply Bicycle part

Plant Automotive design Grass Flowerpot Electrical wiring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts