·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
youknowit said:
http://www.motortrend.com/future/spied_vehicles/112_2009fvf/chrysler_ford_hummer_jaguar_jeep.html

2009 Kia Sport Coupe: Kia to offer its own version of the Hyundai Tiburon, in coupe and convertible forms.

WHATTTT
I am sure that I read this in the official 2007+ tiburon thread. The 2008 tib is gunna be rwd and still labelled a hyundai and that KIA will pick up the cheapo sports car market with a "KIA tiburon" ?

Check the thread for more info on stuff like this

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Who cares, give me that Lexus LFA!!! = new Supra possibly...

·
Registered
914 Posts
too bad it'll probably look nicer then the tib.

if i understand things correctly
Kia will have the FWD coupe Hyundai will move to the RWD upper end competitor sometime 2010 if we are lucky.
the plan is :
Kia will be the standard consumer line of cars, ( the toyota )
Hyundai will be the higher end line (the lexus )
should be interesting to see them make a run for market share.. so far they are kicking ***.
go hyundai/kia.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe, but we all know it will be ugly, admit it, it will be. Or too far fetched to sell.

I've heard stuff like a RWD Tiburon with the 3.3 and 6spd auto. The tranny like the new voltswagons(i really can't spell) that **** in like .2 seconds.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Like I sad when I first got on the site...when the Tib goes to Kia...I will sell it and buy something else. by 2009 with as much driving as I do...perfect timing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i cant wait even though by that time ill be married and with kids and desides im getting the new outlander really soon.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Since I'm more of a little FWD sporty coupe person than a big mean RWD sports car person, I'll probably be looking at the Kia FWD Tib vs the Hyundai RWD Tib. Only thing is that I'd lose out on any loyalty rebate offered at the time.

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Don't knock on Kia anymore. Hyundai is marketing Kia now as the sporty division or their company. Hence the Spectra5 is sportier than the elantra. The Rio5 is sportier than the accent. The sportage is sportier than the Tucson and so on. In car comparisons i've read they choose the kia over the hyundai because it's sportier and offer better driving dynamics. It wouldn't suprise me if the kia version of the tib is sportier and the hyundai tib replacement is more like a grand tourer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't understand why people hate KIA's so much. KIA = Hyundai. Personally I like the way KIAs look compared to their Hyundai counterparts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wish Hyundai would come out with this RWD sports coupe. They gave us $3000 off my tib because we already owned 2 Hyundais. I would get a sick rebate from Hyundai for being loyo\al to them for almost 10 years and buying the 4th or even 5th addition (my sister starts driving in march, she might be the 4th) haha.

Its like Home Equity, the longer you keep Hyundai and stick to it, the more youre worth later.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
I wish Hyundai would come out with this RWD sports coupe. They gave us $3000 off my tib because we already owned 2 Hyundais. I would get a sick rebate from Hyundai for being loyo\al to them for almost 10 years and buying the 4th or even 5th addition (my sister starts driving in march, she might be the 4th) haha.

Its like Home Equity, the longer you keep Hyundai and stick to it, the more youre worth later.
Are you for real ? The more I have mine the more of headache it causes me.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Korean_Redneck said:
According to Hyundai.. they want to make Hyundai the luxury looking segment and Kia the sporty looking segment.
Yep, and if you've seen the new Veracruz they're getting closer to achieving that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Korean_Redneck said:
According to Hyundai.. they want to make Hyundai the luxury looking segment and Kia the sporty looking segment.
So whats gona be like the regular everyday cars then?
I rather have my car maker name be Hyundai than KIA :p Just sound more authentic for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts