Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know I haven't posted here in a while, but figured I'd give ya an update on my Z.

So about a month ago, I was heading home on the freeway while it was pouring rain. There was a 300ZX that caught up to me and kinda paced me for a while, after which he decided to punch it. This caused him to hydroplane into my car and me spinning out all over the freeway. The good news was that everyone was OK, but both Zs were not. The guy had a very nice 300ZX - right hand drive which he imported from Japan.

I didn't get to take pics at the time of the accident, but I took a few when I got to go back the next day and take my stuff out of the car. At first I thought the damage wasn't so bad because the engine still ran fine, but after I saw the camber of the wheel on the passenger side I knew the axle was bent. The Z ended up being totaled. Here are a couple pics..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I contemplated getting something different to replace the Z with, but couldn't think of another car that appealed to me. I didn't want a Mustang or Camaro because they were everywhere. The 335i was boring, and I didn't like the C6 all that much. The STI/EVO wasn't really for me either and while I like the Genesis Coupe, I felt like it was a step down from the Z. So I ended up getting a new Z again. 2012 base with a sport package, just like my old 2009. I got a new set of intakes on it already and yesterday got done putting overlays on the roof and bumpers, as well as tinting my windows and painting the tails. The windows are 6% on the sides and rear and 50% on the windshield. There is also an Evo-R lip installed. Here are the results..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Plan is to get the lights painted soon, as well as emblems, mirrors, door handles and rims. Exhaust and HFCs are already ordered but won't be here till next month. After that I'll get it tuned again and call it a day.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Definitely an upgrade! Looks very good.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That is a sexy 370, might be the only one i actually like. I like the 350 over the 370 anyday normally. I think some graphite rims would look awesome.

·
Registered
936 Posts
must be nice having rwd options for cars :p but then again at least i dont have 100+ summers either.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone! I'm going back to the shop on Monday - will be sure to post pics of the results

1 - 20 of 64 Posts