Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

245/45/17 tire rub the rear of an 03 Gt

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr.Tibbs 
#1 ·
can I put a 245/45/17” tire on rear stock wheel without it rubbing ?? Thanks fir your help

#2 ·
stock is 215. if you're on the stock wheel offset at stock heights/lowering spring height, i see no issue

#3 ·
I don't know for a fact, but assuming all else equal that tire will be 15mm closer to the wheelwell. People have put on 25mm spacers on stock 215 tires without rub so based on that I would think they will fit.

But now I must ask: why would you? 245s are way too wide if your car is otherwise stock; will create more rolling resistance than its worth. It's even worse if your rear tire is now wider than your front tire as you will then likely induce more understeer on an understeer-prone car. Put the 245s on the front if you can is my suggestion.

#5 ·
245 is pushing it, but it may be ok. I have 15 mm H&R spacers on the rear and while they don’t cause sidewall rub on the stock 215/45 Eagles, they do rub on my 225/45 Potenza RE070 summer wheels which are 17x7.5. Just enough to cut into the writing when cornering or hitting a large bump. So there’s your limit. 245s would likely work without spacers and stock offset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.