Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is the piece you need to drill when installing a 255LPH fuel pump. If you dont drill out the restriction in the return, you will have about 65psi of fuel pressure at idle and cant do anything about it.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
thanks
Chase
This helps me for later
you stock FPR's and can set them for me when perchased???
Thanks

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What dumb @ss would forget to do this???.....LMAO...... OH I think its closer to 70psi lol

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Hey TC. I'm having the guys doing the glassing on my car make an access panel for the fuel pump for when you work on it. You have a 255 fuel pump, don't you?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
READY2PLAY said:
Hey TC. I'm having the guys doing the glassing on my car make an access panel for the fuel pump for when you work on it. You have a 255 fuel pump, don't you?
Hello,

Ive got everything SWEETY!!!

Thanks T.C.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Sweety, lol. Does that mean I get a discount if I let you call me that ;) lol

edit: by the way, my wife says you actually have to deal with her if you want to call me that....and she's a car salewoman, so she knowshow to get what she wants...hehehe

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think stock is supposed to be around 47psi~. When I installed the aftermarket fuel pump my fuel pressure gauge in the fuel rail read around 70psi. After drilling it out like Tim said it dropped back down to normal levels. As for the size of the bit, I don't remember. After drilling it should be pretty much just a straight through flow.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The drill bit to use will be the bit that fits best in the tube your drilling. But go SLOW to be sure not to crack it.

·
Banned
642 Posts
12secTib said:
The drill bit to use will be the bit that fits best in the tube your drilling. But go SLOW to be sure not to crack it.
I cracked mine, but i use some stuff to bond it back together. If for some reason it messes up in the long run, where can you get at little part ?

·
Banned
642 Posts
jovanie said:
Couldn't you just eliminate that piece? That's how we installed ours
My friend told me i should just do away with it ? If this is true then i will take the crap out. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts