Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. i recently got a nice little check and im donating half of that to my tiburon :p

i already got an injen sri...

then optima yellow top, eclipse cd5000, rainbow slc 265 components, jl 500/1 & jl 300/4 amps, and 2 jl 10W6 subs, viper 791xv alarm, and that's all i can think of.

now that cost a pretty penny but now i got $2k to spend on anything else.

im thinking exhaust first...

mussa, espelir, or injen ses. but i hear the injen ses has tips that arent out enough so it discolors the surrounding rear bumper.

then im not 100% sure on where to go after exhaust. i cannot do headers because of california..

im thinking suspension. do i go coilovers or just einbachs? i want as low a car as possible without hearing SCREEEEEEEECH going over speed bumps slowly (5mph or so). and i dont go offroading or anything... i stick to highway driving the most.. a smooth ride would be great but i love taking turns at 100mph :eek: not sure what to do in this area... coilovers worth the extra cash? i see ksport ones for 869.. but i havent heard much about them. ksport coilovers looks great to go with an orange crush though.

and also a STS and bushings...

well this is just me brainstorming.. any other ideas would be great =] tryin to get the most out of my 2000$

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dunno about rims.. not too many look that good with an orange crush.. lots of people use black ones but im not sure if i like it or not.

800 could be better spent on other stuff i think?

exhaust 550
rims 800
lower springs + struts = 600
+ sts and bushings would throw me around my limit..

cant do coilovers then.. or any other small mods

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
get some headers with that exhaust!
illegal in california. when my car gets smogged it will fail and ill get a hefty fine and have to remove them. and will be very loud and cops will see this header with no carb sticker and i will get owned then too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
illegal in california. when my car gets smogged it will fail and ill get a hefty fine and have to remove them. and will be very loud and cops will see this header with no carb sticker and i will get owned then too.
Theres plenty of cali tib owners that have headers. :3_koning:
I say, if everybody else is doing it it isn't illegal!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
BODY KIT bro..... then exhaust

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The hell with all that stereo crap! Did you buy the Tib to drive it or listen to music? Get a Borla exhaust / STS /Eibach Pro - Kit that's about right at a grand. Then if you have the cahonies get some headers and FTW!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol .. i love sound :eek: anything to help with the daily commute.

what do you guys think of espelir catbacks? r100s sold them awhile ago and said they were top of the line. ive heard them on a sti and it sounded great. borla gets a little whiny at high rpms imo

and rims eh.. im startin to really consider rims. add some bling bling and also increase car performance with a lower inertia value.

can i get some recommendations for rims around 200$ each? do i have to buy new tires if i get new rims? i dont want to spend more than 800 on the rim/tire setup. what do you guys think this will look like on an OC tib? heh .. Rims!

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you want HP go with Headers, Exhaust and Intake Manifold for starters.

If you want looks then get some nice rims, drop and maybe even a decent lip kit. Well while your at it get some HIDs too, they give the car a nice edge.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
ok.. i recently got a nice little check and im donating half of that to my tiburon :p

i already got an injen sri...

then optima yellow top, eclipse cd5000, rainbow slc 265 components, jl 500/1 & jl 300/4 amps, and 2 jl 10W6 subs, viper 791xv alarm, and that's all i can think of.

now that cost a pretty penny but now i got $2k to spend on anything else.

im thinking exhaust first...

mussa w/ straight tips and silensers, espelir, or injen ses. but i hear the injen ses has tips that arent out enough so it discolors the surrounding rear bumper.

then im not 100% sure on where to go after exhaust. i cannot do headers because of california..

im thinking suspension. do i go coilovers (1.6" or less... do not go more than 1.8-2"... u will scrape) or just einbachs? i want as low a car as possible without hearing SCREEEEEEEECH going over speed bumps slowly (5mph or so). and i dont go offroading or anything... i stick to highway driving the most.. a smooth ride would be great but i love taking turns at 100mph Get a front and rear sway bar... u will notice the difference (make sure it is a solid 1 peice unit... no swivel joints):o not sure what to do in this area... coilovers worth the extra cash? i see ksport ones for 869.. but i havent heard much about them. ksport coilovers looks great to go with an orange crush though.

and also a STS and bushings...

well this is just me brainstorming.. any other ideas would be great =] tryin to get the most out of my 2000$
my notes are inclusive

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
want a DC sports exhaust or some motor mount inserts? lol, exhaust is good step though

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
exhaust (mussa angle tip) stage 4 IM, STS (basstib) maybe new clutch/flywheel if your manual, strut bars, sway bars like mentioned above

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the injen ses does not discolor the bumper. well atleast not mine. now if your not running a cat, that could be a whole new issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.