Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,223 Posts
Both are the Lambda I 3.3 motor. Only differences would be transmission types with AWD provisions for the Santa Fe that the Sonata didn't have. Is there something more specific you are asking about?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, we have a santa fe here with a blown motor, and we have the same model year sonata that was smashed in the front end. I was thinking about taking the motor from the sonata and putting it in the santa fe. I believe the santa fe is 2wd.

Edit: but my system doesnt show the motors as compatible for some reason... so i was curious.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,223 Posts
Could have minor differences like a return vs returnless fuel system or slightly different intake or throttle body. But the block and heads should be the same. Keep the old motor and swap any parts over that are obviously different.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So we're just now getting through this swap. Looks like the motors are identical, in case anybody was wondering. Gotta swap a ton of stuff around, but so far so good.

On a side note, I have the old motor still. It looks like one of the valves locked up in a guide for some reason or something. I havent pulled the heads or cams yet. Block looks like its still good, no broken rods or pistons. It locks up close to 180 degrees rotation.

Is there anything anybody would like to know about this motor in relation to the 2.7?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah im not gonna do anything with it. I figured id strip it down for any info people might want, then throw it in the pile of other motors. Might save the valve spring and retainers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts