Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work at hyundai and i was wonder if any of and xg motor is compatible with the 2.7 i know the throttle body is fly by wire so thats out but i was just asking for suggestions we have a blown 3.5 for parts.... fuel rail maybe???

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know somebody has to know something

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
sort of funny that hyundai usa dealer is asking us about engine info lol. Anyways I have both the XG and the tib and I do not believe parts are readily interchangable between the two motors. XG has bigger injectors.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
you could drop the entire engine in...

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engines Blown

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yeah i do think so. my mom has XG and i dont think any of the parts would swap

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just found out its just sludge up i could have what else would i need for a swap i know the 6 speed will bolt up to it

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
and then what? what aftermarket world is there for that engine? is there one enough worth to justify the swap or would u be better of using the money for the swap and getting a SC?

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good point, but don't they have iron blocks instead of alumin ones? thats means i could boost it if there wa enough room

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yeah but your going ot have to build a custom set up and do all the pipe work and such or pay a shop. I do see the point but $$ vs power... ur better to just assassin SC. Not to mention looking at the XG engine vs tib bay... itll be a tight fit

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how much is the assassin

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
get a 3.5 and boost it to 15 psi. That should be enough for all you needs. Who cares about aftermarket suport, get things custom made...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
If you do some of the work yourself and shop around for parts a custom turbo setup can be pretty cheap. The swap has been talked about before, I think the only problem you'd run into is the electronics part.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
yep, you would need a standalone, or a reflashed ecu with most of the engine wireing of a 3.5

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah finding the ecu and harness would suck

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
hence 3.5 swap, bad idea.Bolt on NGM S/C Assassin 250 whp everyday driver on stock block close hood , done. :3_confuse

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Iron block freindly yes, cast pistons,no. The 2.7 handles more than most of ill informed think

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i know what a delta can handle

but i still want the 3.5...

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Zaion said:
i know what a delta can handle

but i still want the 3.5...
NO.........you cant have it, yer grounded , now go back to your room and think about it for a while :3_got-hoo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts