You suck at teh interwerb..

·
Registered
148 Posts
looks pretty cool

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
You definitely lose alot of space in there after putting that in, but awesome to see that it worked. I didnt thin kit would fit.

Dang wish there was moe info like if the mounts lined up, tranny, ecu, what kind of power it made, etc.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
You definitely lose alot of space in there after putting that in, but awesome to see that it worked. I didnt thin kit would fit.

Dang wish there was moe info like if the mounts lined up, tranny, ecu, what kind of power it made, etc.
Well it would make the same amount of power it makes in an XG wouldnt it? Just seems like it would make a tib go a lot faster a lot quicker than it does the XG.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i couldn't imagine the wheel hop on the damn thing but it would definately be fun to drive especially since it's a six speed itt would be the destoyer of clutches. i'm just wondering what it would run in the 1/4 mile low 14' mid 13's all i nkow is i think it would be around those times it would be a 350z killer, you said a 3.8 lambda right? wow that's cool

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
ichijin mikomi said:
Well it would make the same amount of power it makes in an XG wouldnt it? Just seems like it would make a tib go a lot faster a lot quicker than it does the XG.
d'oh i guess i mean how much faster the tib would improve, I wonder whats the weight on this engine also

edit: Uh ok, I just looked up the specs and the xg only makes 190 hp? Wtf?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lostdestiny14 said:
d'oh i guess i mean how much faster the tib would improve, I wonder whats the weight on this engine also

edit: Uh ok, I just looked up the specs and the xg only makes 190 hp? Wtf?
Actually, I don't think it's the XG. That was just my assumption, but I think I was wrong. The top-end XG I think has a 3.3 that makes 233 bhp. But the Tib they're selling has a 3.5.

Man, I wish I had the time to go over to the dealer to check it out. They usually let you test drive them if you look like you have serious interest in buying.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
2.7 Elisa said:
Actually, I don't think it's the XG. That was just my assumption, but I think I was wrong. The top-end XG I think has a 3.3 that makes 233 bhp. But the Tib they're selling has a 3.5.

Man, I wish I had the time to go over to the dealer to check it out. They usually let you test drive them if you look like you have serious interest in buying.

No no, we meant that the original XG that the 3.5 comes from (which they also offer in the santa fe, i might add)... Either way though, I'm willing to bet that if it's only making like 230 horses that it's got a lot of hidden potential for power... that's a pretty large 6 cyl...

·
Registered
634 Posts
wow if that worked than whos to say i can't put a delta in my lil elantra haha... not that i would it woudln't be enough of a gain to matter but oh well i like stupid thoughts!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The 3.5 will fit without any major mods if your car was equipped with a V6 to begin with... The 3.5 liter is rated at 200 crank horses, only 30 more than the Tib... all in all, I would say the swap would not be worth it... Unless of course, you just happen to have a 3.5 laying around, and don't want to buy i/e for your 2.7

1 - 18 of 18 Posts