Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the below phrase they use in the article...

"It seems that when the key is in the 'ON' position or was removed within a minute and half, and the door is slammed shut, the side airbags may deploy." -NICE!!!!!!!

Full article with photo of car (not with the airbags deployed unfortunately although I'm sure a video will show up on Youtube soon...) :3_winkthu

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/25/scion-recalls-30-000-tcs/

·
Registered
547 Posts
ha, weird. I want to see it. I bet that would be a surprise to the owner.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Trinity said:
Wow, I wonder if my girlfriends TC is on the list?
If it is.. have her sit in the passenger seat, and video tape you trying to get it to pop. then bring it to scion and get it fixed for free :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
My buddy has a 2001 BMW 330ci and he was driving down the highway and his airbag went off for no reason. Fortunately, he managed to pull off the road safely, but damn, he was surprised to say the least!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some Chevy Sunbirds from the early 1990s had sensitive airbags to the point that an inquiry was made about some people setting them off by simply going over a driveway curb or hitting a manhole cover. I remember a woman had her wrist and nose fractured by her airbag as she was setting the car into drive. I guess those transmissions were real rough!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
hahah....wouldn't it be funny....someone breaks up w/ their girl...she storms out of his tC, and slams the door...and kaBLOOOIE!

hahah...hey yoyo, where you finding these avatars man? that ones' funny.

·
Registered
918 Posts
THis is the first thread that had me laughing out loud, i could picture having his gf sitting there waiting for the air bag to pop, good times good times

·
Registered
36 Posts
haha
I looked at Scion tC's before I bought my Tib. They are overpriced for what you get. A friend of mine bought a tC the same day and is now having regrets.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Tolip said:
haha
I looked at Scion tC's before I bought my Tib. They are overpriced for what you get. A friend of mine bought a tC the same day and is now having regrets.
Overpriced? For under $17K, you get a 160hp 4 cyl., AC, auto up/down drivers AND passengers windows, moonroof, cruise, 17's, ABS, and a car that will hold it value better than any Tib will. Definately not overpriced for what you get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts