Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I just dropped 4300K HID's on my low beams, and I love the look. Only problem is, the stock halogen fogs now look like sh*t haha. So a change is definetly needed... I want to have yellow fogs, but somehow I'm thinking that they wont be that noticeable if I just change the bulbs, the headlights might over power it. So 3000K HID's in the fogs sounds good to me, but some of my friends are weary of HIDs in the fogs. Seems to me like the perfect application for HID's though, seeing as how they are projectors.

SO, I've come to you once again for some insight. If anyone has done a 3000K fog light setup, or even just HID's in their fogs period, I'd just like to know if you've run into any problems, suggestions on ballast locations, and how you like the look. Pics are always welcome!

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
haha, I have the same problem. After installing 8k HIDs, the stock fogs look like crap. However, I think I'm just gonna find a whiter bulb so they blend into the light from the HIDs.

I actually hate the yellow look of the stock bulbs and wouldn't keep it with HIDs, but you shouldn't have a problem. A lot of people have HID fogs.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here is a pic of my setup, 8000k HID Low beam, 8000k HID Fogs and 1157 48 dual changing turn signal bulbs all from Diode Dynamics (Thanks Paul!)

I do have the relay harness for the fog lights so it draws power directly from the battery. And it is really hard to explain where I put the ballasts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i have had hids in my lows and fogs for around a year and a half now and have had 0 problems out of them
I have 6k in lows and fogs here is a pic of them

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

my 8k hids and 3k luminecs fog bulbs i think it looks good pictures not the best way to see but you get the idea but hids being as cheap as they are (for like 20-30 more you can get hids) i almost would go with hids up to you just giving you an idea what 3k bulbs would look like

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
I love the 3K yellow fog look. You can either get a set of hyper yellow bulbs by one of the many brands that sells them.
I've got a set of Luminics JDM yellow bulbs and they work great, esp for $20

Or you can get an HID kit which is the most expensive of all the options

Or you can get a set of LaminX film covers for your fogs.

The HIDs are the only option that are gonna give you tons of light output, but IMO it's not really worth it.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Here is a pic of my setup, 8000k HID Low beam, 8000k HID Fogs and 1157 48 dual changing turn signal bulbs all from Diode Dynamics (Thanks Paul!)

I do have the relay harness for the fog lights so it draws power directly from the battery. And it is really hard to explain where I put the ballasts
If I were you, I'd pull out the little lights under the high beams. I cut the power line for mine to use as a 12v line for the ghetto AE's. Other than that, that setup looks awesome. Its what I want, but I don't have the money for the fogs or the dual side markers right now.

And yeah, I really don't like the yellow fogs. Especially now seeing the pictures.

EDIT: Don't pull the lights since it will create a space moisture can get into. I think you can pull out the plug or just cut the power line for them.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
3000k fogs would have the BEST functionality, as yellow light output in fog works best. Whats the point of matching ur fogs with ur lows anyway, i never understood why people leave them on for show but its good for show i guess. personally i like the spearmint blue look with yellow fogs. Just my .02

·
Registered
597 Posts

Change those city lights with some LED bulbs and it would look so much better as they match perfectly...and thats better then taking them out or cutting the line or whtever...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Do it! I know I'm getting some for mine once the money hits. If you have the "anytime" fog light relay mod, these will look great on the car with lows off and parking lights on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts