Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think its possible to reach 300whp at 7psi?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
With the auto and alpine setup, I'd say probaby not just from my expierence with mines better setup. May be possible with the mp90 idk.

Im sure the icebox setup will help a bit or if your just looking for top end power try a turbo setup

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess Ill see what the E-manage will do for me.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I used a dyno pack.....

This winter I will be putting in the Greddy E-manage. I almost have all the info i need to put it in..

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
tooblue said:
yes I used a dyno pack.....

This winter I will be putting in the Greddy E-manage. I almost have all the info i need to put it in..
I thought so, those things read really really really high.

Are you going to go for a lower pulley, it makes a really big difference.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
260whp for my modds is not high...maybe my a/f ratio is high ....I don't really want to run more boost..

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
tooblue said:
260whp for my modds is not high...maybe my a/f ratio is high ....I don't really want to run more boost..
No offense, but for a auto that seems about right for a dynojet. I'll be interested to see if the e-manage gives you that much more power though.

What was your last dyno's a/f anyways?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
12.8....Which im sure you will say is high yeah it probaly is..I have had no problem with that A/F
I have heard alot of people sayen that 12.5 is a good number...

I know i will not get 300whp with just the E-manage but i should get me close then what i have now...

Ok sorry I probaly should of posted. "300whp with an alpine S/C" I know the mp90 can do it.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
tooblue said:
12.8....Which im sure you will say is high yeah it probaly is..I have had no problem with that A/F
I have heard alot of people sayen that 12.5 is a good number...
Wow that is high and those hp and torque numbers are too. If you would dyno on a dynojet I would bet they would be quite a bit lower. Dynopacks are known for reading higher than a dynojet and dynojets are known to read higher than a mustang dyno. If you do not believe me then do some searches on the net and read up on it.

Why are you not interested in running a higher psi? Have you been to the track yet, I would like to see some times with your mods.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all modds are in sig...yes I have 310 injectors.. All summer I have been having problems with the alpine leaking core. So i have not been able to get to the track. Im still waiting for a core that doesn't leak...

So if you think my numbers are high...What should they be....

Seems to be what people are running with my modds...

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
tooblue said:
all modds are in sig...yes I have 310 injectors.. All summer I have been having problems with the alpine leaking core. So i have not been able to get to the track. Im still waiting for a core that doesn't leak...
The intercooler inside your IM? Wow that sucks, did you pull it out and check where it was leaking? Are you going to get one of their new intercooler cores? I would guess on a dynojet you are making around 240whp/210wtq.

It is odd you are making 7psi with headers, exhaust and only the upper pulley. I was making 9psi with the upper and lower with the borla and now with the exhaust changes I am at 8.2psi. It is running stronger so I know I am making more power, I should be running a few tenths faster than I did last time at the track.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup the core in the IM, So I have not been able to go to the track all year. Im talken with John and tring to get the new style core..
Yeah i lost 2psi from the headers...and the high flow..

Sorry but there is no way that the dyno pack is off by 20whp... Im getting more Whp look at my A/F most people are running in the 11's for A/F

The dyno pack is one of the best dynos to tune on, because you can simulate a load to see if you lean out..

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dyno Tuned by TC at Nxtgen Motorsports

Alpine stage 1
290 injectors
mafterburner
Injen SRI
Hotshot headers
DC Sports catback
Nology Hotwires
Wolfe Racing polished fuel rail & gauge
2.7 sc pulley
5 psi (attributed to less restrictive exhaust, DC Sports straight out catback)
And he dynoed 251whp Pretty much the same modds.. So I would say my numbers are pretty much right

·
Registered
725 Posts
tooblue said:
yup the core in the IM, So I have not been able to go to the track all year. Im talken with John and tring to get the new style core..

Sorry but there is no way that the dyno pack is off by 20whp... Im getting more Whp look at my A/F most people are running in the 11's for A/F

The dyno pack is one of the best dynos to tune on, because you can simulate a load to see if you lean out..
its possible, i went from a dyno jet that was dynoing me at 167 whp with the stage 4 and the rest of my goodies to a mustang dyno about an hour later...

on the mustang dyno i was putting out 188whp... 21whp??? some places just dont calibrate them properly

·
Registered
725 Posts
tooblue said:

its possible, i went from a dyno jet that was dynoing me at 167 whp with the stage 4 and the rest of my goodies then i went to a mustang dyno about an hour later...

on the mustang dyno i was putting out 188whp... 21whp??? some places just dont calibrate them properly

1 - 20 of 44 Posts