Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you guys think ? I love those wheels and of course theyd be an arm and a leg. would they rub? here are the specs

Wheel Size/Offset
ront-18x8 plus 30mm
rear-18x8.5 plus 33mm

Tire Size
front-225/45R18
rear 245/45R18

im thinkin the back will rub. maybe using front wheels all around. lol
maybe im just nuts.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I was thinking about samething too

back will rub if your fender is not rolled but it won't rub if you roll the fender

and wait until those haters start calling you a ricer b/c you are getting staggered setup

Chemik said:

What do you guys think ? I love those wheels and of course theyd be an arm and a leg. would they rub? here are the specs

Wheel Size/Offset
ront-18x8 plus 30mm
rear-18x8.5 plus 33mm

Tire Size
front-225/45R18
rear 245/45R18

im thinkin the back will rub. maybe using front wheels all around. lol
maybe im just nuts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
haha. i did the offset calculator and it says the back lip will EXTEND an extra 32mm. so rolling the rear fender lip should be fine? :p

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn thats cool. I didnt know people had done it. I take it those are 17s :p I love the 18s the new 350z has. theres a set of wheels only for sale locally for $800 obo. maybe I can get em for $600.

·
Registered
622 Posts
god thats rice. I mean more power to u but , it stings to see another cars rims on a complety diff car. but i guess to each his own.lol. They are fordged But will proabbly hinder your performance becasue of the back being wider and u having FWD. Having no benefit . But ..More power to u playa.

edit: te blue tibs are fordged

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why is it rice? its a nice set of wheels. thats all I care for. making the car look nice. Im not on this holier than thou car trip. I bought this tib as a daily driver and even though its " sacriligious" I dont care. Itll look cool. even it it is a FWD fake sports car with staggered wheels.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Maybe if you put the bigger wheels up front like a FWD staggered setup should be ...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that would look funny. but then again . itd look funny regardless. it will be my faux-sports car. faux RWD . I picking up the wheels this week for $500 with no tires. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think those are nice wheels the Z's come with also. It should look nice. Will Tuscani center caps fit those wheels?

·
Banned
126 Posts
Well, I tried putting the stock 18" touring wheels on the Tib, and as I jacked the car back down they touched the fender before the car was even all the way down.

So...no they wont fit properly unless you do some fender rollin.

·
Registered
622 Posts
eh man whatever floats ur boat hopefully it comes out good. But ..im not gonna whole no punches with that one, ..its ricey. I hate to see cars with other sig car wheels. I seen a Z with cobra wheels on here as daily driver wheels and just think its rice man lol. but its all good ...enjoy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rblover69 said:
eh man whatever floats ur boat hopefully it comes out good. But ..im not gonna whole no punches with that one, ..its ricey. I hate to see cars with other sig car wheels. I seen a Z with cobra wheels on here as daily driver wheels and just think its rice man lol. but its all good ...enjoy.
its called grade school. did you make it past it ?

eh man whatever floats ur boat . Hopefully it comes out good, but im not gonna hold any punches with that one. Its ricey. I hate to see cars with other sig car wheels. I have seen a Z on here as daily driver with cobra wheels and just think its rice man lol. Its all good ...enjoy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zulu said:
Well, I tried putting the stock 18" touring wheels on the Tib, and as I jacked the car back down they touched the fender before the car was even all the way down.

So...no they wont fit properly unless you do some fender rollin.
how bad was it? i think ill just get some 17" wheels later on then .lol. no sense in going through all the trouble : p

·
Banned
434 Posts
Chemik said:
how bad was it? i think ill just get some 17" wheels later on then .lol. no sense in going through all the trouble : p

if its rubbing just sitting there you wont get it to run like that w/o seriously damaging the tire and/or fender. Those offsets are just too low. Our fenders are just too narrow.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Chemik said:
its called grade school. did you make it past it ?

eh man whatever floats ur boat . Hopefully it comes out good, but im not gonna hold any punches with that one. Its ricey. I hate to see cars with other sig car wheels. I have seen a Z on here as daily driver with cobra wheels and just think its rice man lol. Its all good ...enjoy.
Im on my phone so, who cares. And also Its called stop being cheap and buy rims. Did you make it past that. LoL ghetto heaven man. Some people get off a little to much of of internet forums.lol :3_vliegen

1 - 20 of 29 Posts