Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bumped the back of a Satty, just a little paint trade, nothing a little maxi-gloss didn't fix.

Except, when it happen it broke the latch to my hood, and will no longer stay shut.

WHY?!

Is there an easy fix for this? And is this supposed to happen?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
broke ur just bent?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
First of all festering....your avatar is NICE! I like a nice hiney!

True warranty might not cover it.....but, ya know, it never hurts to try to get it fixed under warranty. Especially if you covered the "bump" well and there is no sign of "physical damage". If you're dealership is a PITA to deal with then don't bother. But if you have access to a good customer service based dealership, then it never hurts to try. What's the worse they can say.....NO! Right?

Just trying to help by throwing options out. Plus if you don't have to pay for it, then there is MONEY and TIME saved. I think we could always use a little more time and money.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
SuperSaiyan said:

True warranty might not cover it.....but, ya know, it never hurts to try to get it fixed under warranty. Especially if you covered the "bump" well and there is no sign of "physical damage". If you're dealership is a PITA to deal with then don't bother. But if you have access to a good customer service based dealership, then it never hurts to try. What's the worse they can say.....NO! Right?

Just trying to help by throwing options out. Plus if you don't have to pay for it, then there is MONEY and TIME saved. I think we could always use a little more time and money.
Thanks - And I totally agree, we all love getting stuff repaired for free. : ) I was just saying, they won't cover it under warranty if it's caused by the owner, but if they can't tell, well..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
look at ur latch first man. just go look at it and play with. see if u can find something wrong with it. my cf hood doesnt close good, i had to play with the latch and realign it. ur bump could have knocked something out of line

·
Registered
364 Posts
SuperSaiyan said:

Yeah!!!!!!! that is a nice Turd Cutter on his avatar

·
Registered
270 Posts
Best bet? Bite the bullet, take it to a shop, and have it fixed properly. Everything else is just half-a$$ing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.