Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
obiously

how the **** do u get a 400hp tiburon

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
He's a member of this board. It's a stock block with a large turbo. There are quite a few PR guys with pretty much the same setup. Looks great on the dyno sheet, but if you notice the turbo only spools up for about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
514 Posts
One H*ll of a turbo by the looks of that intercooler in front.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
he's got a beta engine, so this is in the wrong section.

and no usable power band? can you elaborate on this because it would appear from the sheet that at 4.5k he is laying down 200WHP and it climes nearly 100hp per 1k rpms. I'm not very familiar with usable power band and turbo cars and such, so this is a serious question.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I bet that is one hell of a freeway car though, just like a Supra.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It means the car is a dyno queen and will get spanked on anything but a top end run because the turbo isn't sized appropriatly for the car, much like MANY supras out there.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
LeATHeRNeCK said:
Well if and when it ever does it will be before 6500 rpm lol.... :3_winkthu

Nice avatar btw.
haha, good luck

oh and you too. besides, I drive a WRX now, I dont know what traction problems are.

Nocturn, the assasin tibs aren't making 290 at 5k, so wouldn't this turbo car run faster? I mean the low end lack of power tends to be a plus because of the tibs traction problems, so this car can get off the line without boosting and be pretty well rolling before the power starts. again I am not familiar with boost in the tiburon though...

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
LeATHeRNeCK said:
I have no idea what you just said.

He says the assassin isnt making 290 at 5K. This car is so it should be faster.

Also the car isnt boosting in low RPM so traction wouldnt be an issue.

easy enough for me to understand.........

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
xFloggingkylex said:
We call it english noob.

Deez I'm glad I'm not alone on reading, haha. BTW can you confirm what I stated one way or another. It seems logical that this 408hp tib would be faster than the assasin tibs, but we all know theories only go so far.
An assassin car has better times because the power curve is better suited to the cars gear ratio. The PR guys have insane trap speeds but also slower ET's so far. That and traction is not an issue at the low RPMs but when the boost does catch up in a sudden surge traction is still an issue... Trust me, they are spinning halfway down the track in these cars. A turbo this size is great for >75mph rolls, hell it would be untouchable by an assassin. But in a dig or low roll it can be beat by a car with 100 less hp in the 1/4.

But the PR guys are still working on it and will get it right soon enough.

·
Registered
514 Posts
xFloggingkylex said:
We call it english noob.

Deez I'm glad I'm not alone on reading, haha. BTW can you confirm what I stated one way or another. It seems logical that this 408hp tib would be faster than the assasin tibs, but we all know theories only go so far.
HAHA He called him noob

1 - 20 of 76 Posts