Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=117762

They did an test between the new Mazaspeed 3, Mini Cooper S, Honda Civic Si, Subaru WRX TR, Chevy Cobalt SS and the VW GTi with a price cap of $25,000 in case anyone is interested in a new car these days that is.

Mazdaspeed 3 = #1
Subaru WRX TR=#2
Honda Civic Si= #3
Mini Cooper S= #4
VW GTi= #5
Chevy Cobalt SS =#6 (no surprise considering the competition)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wtf happened to the srt-4? Why isnt it there? Blasphemy. It was outlawed, just like the superbird,lol, j/k.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
DarkSouledSRT said:
Wtf happened to the srt-4? Why isnt it there? Blasphemy. It was outlawed, just like the superbird,lol, j/k.
It was. It was just at the very bottom, further than the tib actually lol. The new srt-4 needs to come out now to change these results.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the srt-4 is dead. the dodge caliber is the replacement which has 300 turbo charged horsepower. way better than a fast NEON

·
Registered
81 Posts
the caliber version is still called the srt-4. ive seen 4 so far, and they look awesome. much better then the caliber's which im allready tired of seeing all the soccer moms driving. last news i heard on them is they keep the tranny's in one piece. i was told that about 2 months ago. not sure if anything has changed

·
Registered
27 Posts
The mazdaspeed3 only does 14.2 in a quarter ! ? man for the numbers that engine is puting out I thought it would put down a more impressive number 04 gt tib ( I think thats his name "Josh") got a time of 14.3 with his tib with an untuned sniper ( i/h/e) and he was no where close to 280 lbs of torque that mazda must be one heavy bitxch and my congrats to josh by the way :3_bier: still I gota say the speed 3 is a pretty nice lil whip if you ask me I can see this will be the next car to dispute in the S-rt4 forums ( See! look it says it right here NEON! :3_lijstje ) jst playin lol I would whip an srt aswell the new calibers are hiteous tho havent seen the srt-4 one yet but if they look exactly like my neighbors then yea their ugly lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
NovaResource said:
Yeah, where did the Tiburon finish?

From the Article:

That is, find the best small, sporting, inexpensive and practical car sold in the U.S. today. We narrowed the field to six that we feel are genuine contenders: the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged, 2006 Honda Civic Si, 2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3, 2006 Mini Cooper S, 2006 Subaru WRX and 2006 Volkswagen GTI.
The tib wasn't a "genuine contender"

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Trinity said:
Chevy Cobalt SS =#6 (no surprise considering the competition)
NovaResource said:
Yeah, where did the Tiburon finish?
Murcielago said:
The tib wasn't a "genuine contender"
^^^ Right. So we shouldn't bash the Cobalt since our Tib wasn't even "genuine contender".

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ "We need to get you a proverb type book cause this mix and match **** just ain't working"

·
Registered
106 Posts
xxxmonoxidechild said:
the caliber version is still called the srt-4. ive seen 4 so far, and they look awesome. much better then the caliber's which im allready tired of seeing all the soccer moms driving. last news i heard on them is they keep the tranny's in one piece. i was told that about 2 months ago. not sure if anything has changed
the Caliber SRT-4 isn't released yet at this point in time. They are set to release in spring of 07. Also as for the Neon SRT-4 not being included it is no longer in production so was therefore excluded, otherwise it would have won...... again.

Also I believe that the mag had something against Chevy in the issue, because IMHO the Cobalt SS/SC should have at minimul been middle of the pack

·
Banned
1,542 Posts

I wish there were more pics, especially of the front. But, you're right, it does look alot like a Tib from that angle.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
AgentTIB said:
The mazdaspeed3 only does 14.2 in a quarter ! ? man for the numbers that engine is puting out I thought it would put down a more impressive number 04 gt tib ( I think thats his name "Josh") got a time of 14.3 with his tib with an untuned sniper ( i/h/e) and he was no where close to 280 lbs of torque that mazda must be one heavy bitxch and my congrats to josh by the way :3_bier: still I gota say the speed 3 is a pretty nice lil whip if you ask me I can see this will be the next car to dispute in the S-rt4 forums ( See! look it says it right here NEON! :3_lijstje ) jst playin lol I would whip an srt aswell the new calibers are hiteous tho havent seen the srt-4 one yet but if they look exactly like my neighbors then yea their ugly lol
I honestly thought it would of been slower with the dynos I seen lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts