Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here and ive been look at getting an 04-06 gt v6 with the 6 speed, my question is how are the trannys in these things, are they pretty stout, im a very spirited driver i guess you could say, i drive hard ALL the time, not most of the time,ALL the time. ive heard about the 03's having clutch problems, thats why im staying away from them, but right now i drive an 02 SVT focus and my clutch blew up in it because there clutches were to small for the power they produce.

the clutch isnt to much of a worry to me, the gears and shafts in the tranny is what im worried about if there strong enough to hand N\A mods and be driven hard. :3_winkthu

·
Registered
432 Posts
uh... you beat anything and its not gonna last. But if you bought new you have a 100k mile warranty, so beat the piss out of the tranny and find out, its all warrantied.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine has been driven hard now for two years. Just had to replace the clutch. Don't let the clutch slip all the time and it will do bettter than mine. I put one of the speedfreak limited slip things in the tranny when I replaced my clutch and it helped with some kick from side to side when starting off hard. I went with the higher performance VHR clutch, I think it is starting to slip again after 20k Miles.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I bought my car just for the purpose of driving hard, it's not my daily driver. I have an early 03 model(bought new in April of 02) and I just recently rolled over 20,000 miles. Basically all of those miles are hard driving, track/dyno miles and I've had zero problems. I'm still on the stock clutch and it still grabs great and my car is one of the ones with the supposed clutch problems. I've launched my car hard enough to break two rear engine mounts, but the clutch/tranny are still as good as new. The car is solid, but one thing that definetly needs upgraded for hard driving is the engine mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts