Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a friend whos girlfriend drives and 03 I4. He wants to know if the 6 speed tranny will bolt up to the I4....please let me know what u think.....

thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
It probably would. I think there a couple of members on here or in korea . Its not really worth it though.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
GTS II (from korea0 has a beta II I-4 with a 6sp tranny, the U.s. specones wont bolt up though

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
ShrkByt05 said:
GTS II (from korea0 has a beta II I-4 with a 6sp tranny, the U.s. specones wont bolt up though
:3_sadley: I wish I had the six-speed. My car burns a hole in my pocket on the highway.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
6behindblueeyez said:
:3_sadley: I wish I had the six-speed. My car burns a hole in my pocket on the highway.
Final drive ratio is the same. You'll still spin the same RPMs on the highway.

I'd love to get the Korean 6-Speed, if for nothing else, just exclusivity...;)

-BRR

·
Banned
434 Posts
6behindblueeyez said:

your i4 30mpg+ is burning a hole in your pocket on the highway?

time for a 92 civic dx SOHC 5spd 40+mpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
It probably would. I think there a couple of members on here or in korea . Its not really worth it though.
this guy doesnt know what hes talking about. it is worth it and there are differences. the 6 speed accelerates faster in the first 3 gears. the 6 speed is pretty much unbreakable like i said in someone elses post. oh yea and you have 6 gears as opposed to 5. oh and did i mention you could always change the gear ratios :3_puh2:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
this guy doesnt know what hes talking about. it is worth it and there are differences. the 6 speed accelerates faster in the first 3 gears. the 6 speed is pretty much unbreakable like i said in someone elses post. oh yea and you have 6 gears as opposed to 5. oh and did i mention you could always change the gear ratios :3_puh2:
o dear, this is the second time you i've seen you post this...

its not worth it, nuff said. Most 400whp cars down here have, ya you guessed it, a 5 spd tranny.

Is he planning on going over that? dont think so... <-- = not worth it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts