Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Man all they are doing is a bunch of inspections and then add another 150 bucks to the already 7xx bucks for the V6 for plugs and wires They r crazy i get a local shop that i trust to do it for half that if not cheaper

·
Registered
514 Posts
youknowit said:
Man all they are doing is a bunch of inspections and then add another 150 bucks to the already 7xx bucks for the V6 for plugs and wires They r crazy i get a local shop that i trust to do it for half that if not cheaper
You Know It...ha...ha...uhhh ha

·
Registered
354 Posts
What lol I dont mean to be a dick about it but that **** can be done cheaper some where/ ANY where else but i have yet to it to mine and im inching close to 60000

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had my mechanic up the block from me do it and it costs a lot less than what the dealer was asking. However he said my timing belt was fine and did not need to get replaced?!?! I sure hope he's right lol.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
tibjay909 said:
I had my mechanic up the block from me do it and it costs a lot less than what the dealer was asking. However he said my timing belt was fine and did not need to get replaced?!?! I sure hope he's right lol.
I'd get the timing belt done anyway. The only way you'll know if you have a problem is when your engine blows up or throws a rod or whatever. Better to get it done and have the peace of mind. Plus if you ever did have a problem you'd lose your warranty for not doing the required maintenance.

·
Registered
555 Posts
peachferrari said:
I'd get the timing belt done anyway. The only way you'll know if you have a problem is when your engine blows up or throws a rod or whatever. Better to get it done and have the peace of mind. Plus if you ever did have a problem you'd lose your warranty for not doing the required maintenance.
I think you're right. I forgot how much they go for. Anyone know off the top of their head? Yeah, I'm too dead to search right now.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i had a full 60,000 mile maintance done on my 97 tib for $450 through a local GOOD mechanic here

·
Registered
107 Posts
the best is all those insepctions are done when you got your last oilchange. What about when one of those things go wrong. As for the timing belt of it goes then it goes ur engine just going to stop and not go anywhere. so if your a local driver save ur cash. Hundai people are a disgrace. They had me up to 2000$ when i had my sonata. 2000 dollars and i went in bc my belt was squeeking a little and i wanted it to go away. I told them to screw them selves drove the car for 6 more months and then of couse plowed though a 97 Sable totaling the ride :( saved the money though

·
Registered
92 Posts
i would change the oil and tune-up and change other fluids yourself. the timingbelt i WOULD DEFINATELY get changed EVERY 60k , NO BODY can tell you that your timing belt is ok or doesnt need to be changed. ive seen some go at 45k and seen some go past 100k. if your rich enough to replace engines every 5 years b.c you dont wanna get a new timing belt then go ahead.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
wallytiburon said:
timing belt, tensioner, water pump, plugs, regular junk.

We get books with our cars that tell us this too! :p
actually the water pump holds up pretty good. you can easily get over 100k out of it when maintained properly (coolant flushes every 30k)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.