Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was wondering ,
would a 60 mm throtle body of a 4G63T fit on the beta 2 ?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Not pointless at all. a larger thottle body would be the shinazzle!
Reguardless no one around here seems to have even tried. so if ya find one that does fit be sure to let us know about it!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i could tear into it this saterday, i think i have a TB from a 4G15 laying around and im pretty sure the bolt pattern is the same as the 60MM one i was looking at earlyer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey bro. I saw that on this forum that you have an OBX headers for the I-4 TB, does it in any way helped your engine and did you do any mods on both headers and/or O2 sensor plugs? The reason I'm asking I want to buy the same headers on Ebay, and everytime I post a question no one seems to reply back hopefully you will...
Any info are greatly appreciated...

thanks,
jbuncio

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the headers definatly help some , she just seems to go trought the gears faster .
i did have a couple of issues installing them though, first of all , there is only one O2 bung in them so you need to have a second one added to in .also , the set i have is about 2 inches short for some reason so i had to take the part of my exhaust of where the resonator is and add 2 inches to that.
so its really up to you , if you are handy enough to cut and weld i think it would be worth it , if you dont think you can do this properly or just dont have acces to the right tools you might wanna fork out a little bit more for a better titting set.

also i cant get my O2 system set up , i've tried several "fixes" but my main issues is when i extend the harnass i keep getting a code that says i have a slow response

hope that helped any , if not , just keep asking :)

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
well, considering that the stock motor put's out roughly 110whp. with I/H/E some guys are getting up into the 135whp mark. that's roughly 1.22 X as much airflow. stock throttle body is 54mm, up it to a 60mm throttle body and you've got roughly 1.23 x more flow area. as long as you bore the intake manifold to match it....then suddenly it makes good sense now doesnt it????
add cam's into the mix on that one and suddenly your 54mm throttle body's in serious trouble.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
if you do all that, it's even more pointless than i thought to begin with...all this so you can have the same pickup as a new minivan?

you do a variation of all that and throw a turbo into the mix, then come talk to me.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Its funny cuz our motor's have a really bad name for N/A performance. but who's built one beyond bolt on's? nobody! I saw an article in an old super street the other day. honda S2000. With I/H/E they managed to coax a whopping 8 hp outta a stock car....yeah that's less than 5%. they'res lotsa N/A power in these beta's. but nobody's given em a chance! yes they choke at anything over 5000 rpm. have you seen the exhaust ports? they're....no so great. the intake ports are far from perfect and the danm intake manifold is in a world of trouble. stock cam's are 232 degree's at zero lift. that = suck! no wonder our car's die at 5000 rpm.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i couldnt agree with you more there....but the time and money needed to make the i4 even quick at best is a waste, if you squeeze every last drop of power making juice you're still talking under 200 to the wheels and driveability of a race car....

now throw a turbo into the mix, larger tb, minor pp job, good ignition and fuel delivery system, exhaust and fmic, and a tune and you've got yourself a much more reliable and cheaper setup maing a lot more power....

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
^^^^^^ that seems to be where everyone stop's.
It's also my game plan. Im just a little tight on time and budget right now.....soon.....very soon....

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just noticed we have the throtle body on the oposite site of the engine as the 4G63 so that one wouldnt ork out anyway

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re tmac
Idid not do enough research and got to a no return situation.Ihave already spent 4000,plus another 3000 to complete.Parts in England are so high.
Fitzoy
well, considering that the stock motor put's out roughly 110whp. with I/H/E some guys are getting up into the 135whp mark. that's roughly 1.22 X as much airflow. stock throttle body is 54mm, up it to a 60mm throttle body and you've got roughly 1.23 x more flow area. as long as you bore the intake manifold to match it....then suddenly it makes good sense now doesnt it????
add cam's into the mix on that one and suddenly your 54mm throttle body's in serious trouble.
You not doing your math right you have to find the area to compare, not the diameter, here let me show you.

54mm tb; 3.14(pie) * R(adius)squared gives an area of 2290.2 mm squared

60mm tb; 3.14(pie) * R(adius)squared gives an area of 2827.4mm squared

Now devide the bigger by the smaller and you get 123.45% of the original size. or an 23.45% gain in area. In order to theoretically see worthwhile gain, you'd have to make atleast 23% more power.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
yeah, now if ya take 110 whp x 1.23 = aprox 135 hp.
that's how much extra hp is required to make use of a 60 mm throttle body. (assuming the stock unit is optimally sized for 110 WHP which i'll bet its a little on the small side but that's neither here nor there)
some guy's are making 135hp with simple bolt ons.
suddly it looks like a half decent mod to do but nobody gives it a chance cuz everyone says it doesnt do anything....but everyone that has one seems to like it.....hhhhmmmphhhh

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.