Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey last night everytime when I needed to pass someone I press the pedal and goes to 6000rpms and stays their for a good 4 secs and then changes and when it increases it goes back to 6000rpms. Anywho was hanging out with a member from this boards and he suggested that it good be A) spark plugs, or B) transmission. I drive an auto i4 03 can it be one of those issues or did anyone ever had those issues? Could it be my timming belt? never changed it and its at 54 000kms

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
you dont need to change the timing belt untill 96,000km. your dealership may tell you to do it in less but that's just them wanting a fat cheque from you. it is possible that your tranny's going. check the tranny fluid to see if it's low that'll cause weird things to happen.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot .. hmm was just driving around in the neighbourhood took it to the empty parking lot doesn't do anymore.. werid. Will check if its the fluids as soon as possible

96 Posts
I really dont get what your saying.. Are you saying you are pressing the gas till it accelerates to 6000rpm and when it shifts there is a long shift or are you saying you press the gas and you rev your engine out to 6000rpm from whatever rpm you where at??

·
Registered
397 Posts
Have you had the transmission flushed yet? I believe the recommendation on that is two years OR ~48,000km. If not, get that done soon, and ONLY by your dealership.

As for the timing belt.. I think that one's 5 years or ~96,000kms. I would definitely make sure not to skimp on that particular one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sounds like your tranny is sliping either no fluid or its just going auto just have that problem one thing that cuzes that is reving and dupping the it like putting it into drive from nutral

1 - 6 of 6 Posts