Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** 2013 Car of the Month - March – Best-Looking Wheels**

Winner = Shadow Blue

Congratulations Shadow Blue~! Your car is the Car of the Month~!!

'04 Tidal Wave GT
Wheels: Work VS-XX Extreme Gold 18 x 9/10 Staggerd w/custom barrel offsets

·
Registered
973 Posts
Congrats Shadow !

This is freaking awsome, and an example what can be done...
So much dedication, ít's more then deserved.

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Congrats Shadow !

This is freaking awsome, and an example what can be done...
So much dedication, ít's more then deserved.
Congrats Marcus!
Congrats buddy!! Well deserved!
Thanks, guys and gal! I appreciate it.

Not only is this my first COTM but I believe it just might be the first COTM/POTM combo win. I'd like to thank everyone who voted...I'm so honored and grateful among all of our beautiful Tibs. Again, thank you all :)

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
BTW, anyone needing wheel advice, feel free to ask here.

We'll start with this one:

Cody_Mac said:
I have a question. I'm looking at buying the XXR 522 18x18.5 with +30 offset and some 225x40 tires. I havn't really done anything to my Tiburon i have the 2006 GS stock Tiburon with these rub on it? My tib isn't lowered so idk if it would or not. Thanks
You'll only need a mild roll on the rear fenders. Questions like these, though, I would fwd to this thread:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34325

·
Registered
473 Posts
SMDH shadow I quit...... Man your tib is rediculously clean. Im crying right now but tears wont come out. Thanks for being my motivation.

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Good God that first picture is so awesome!! Congrats on the win Shadow!
James is a great guy with an insane ability and tons on experience. I love his style.

SMDH shadow I quit...... Man your tib is rediculously clean. Im crying right now but tears wont come out. Thanks for being my motivation.
Haha! Thanks, buddy. Never quit!

Congratulations Shadow!
Congrats my friend!
Thank you :)

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
:challengeaccepted1:

Simply amazing.. Very clean, very much deserved! Well done!
That's a great thing to say. I really appreciate it! :)

·
Banned
9,129 Posts
NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!!! I texted you but I'll ask here too... 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear what will I have to do camber wise? I always ask you because you always have the answers lol...

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Congrats! Car looks clean!
Another win for all the blue tibs out there!
Thank you! Tidal Wave FTW! :m_thumlef

NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME!!! I texted you but I'll ask here too... 18x8.5 +30 front and 18x9.5 +38 rear what will I have to do camber wise? I always ask you because you always have the answers lol...
^Fixed

As always, I'm always appreciative of your compliments :)

Those are both very mild offsets in conjunction with their widths. For camber, you won't need much and will remain within specs. Hell...even I'm within specs at the moment. This is assuming that you won't be purchasing meaty tires but, if you are, more [negative] camber will be necessary. Even though, you'll still remain within specs.

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
wow that shot with the sky is awesome.
Thanks! That is definitely one of my favorite pics as well...I just hate the fact that it's not really an updated pic of the car as it looks quite a bit different from behind at the moment. It was an extremely successful shoot and I got a lot of magazine quality shots from it.

·
Moonlighting Master
5,756 Posts
Like I was saying before, I'd like to forward all questions to this thread for the month...

JJsTib33 said:
hi sir!!!

Yet again another person asking you for advice on wheel set up. I have read most posts for this but I'm trying to guess what is the best way to go about this. I have recently bought some enkei pf01 wheels from a friend who didn't want them anymore. Ive been thinking about what would be the best set up for a DD without a dramatic drop. the wheels are 17X8 +45 offset. I leaning toward doing continental extreme contact dws (225/45/17or 235/45/17) but unsure of size that would be the best fitment for 2007 tib gs (I4). I'mnot sure if I would need spacers or to role fenders. It seems as though I shouldn't. I have all aftermarket suspension but springs. I'm back to stock springs again but I'm planning on going with either megan racing for 1.6 drop or possibly tanabe for 1.3 to 1.5 drop once springs settle. I was wondering your thoughts for this. Yes I would love cilovers, but for now I am going to finnish for a couple years and ride on springs as I have already kyb struts, new upper mounts, bellows, moog end links front and rear, ingall rearcontrol arms, UR rear sway, and UR front 4pt brace, UR front strut bar, and UR room (mid) bar. I want a nice stance, kind of flush but not too crazy for a DD as where I live there are so many potholes and construction. I'm not going for a crazy drop or hella flush look either. LOL. Those look awesome, but I'm not up to that level. So can the master teach his pupil something. Thanks in advance for any advice. I really appreciate it.

Oh and by the way. Hi nice to meet you. I am a NewB. My name is Jason. I'm new to this whole modding thing too, but I love it. I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks again.

Jason
Nice to meet you as well, buddy :)

Alright, first off I'd like to say that these are a nice set of wheels. Good purchase. 17x8 +45 is an extremely conservative setup. A 25mm adapter would put these at a great point for the needs you described. So, after 25mm adapters (on all four corners), you'd be at a +20 offset. You'll need to do the standard fender work in the rear (cut/grind off rear bumper bracket and roll fenders). Also, go with the 225/45 since it's a taller series tire.

It sounds like you're headed in the right direction on your suspension setup. It will definitely be a lot of fun to drive once you're finished. Keep me posted on it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
yeah Shadow I need a more aggressive stance myself

Im not sure of what to do........any help would be awesome

1 - 20 of 27 Posts